abimariaevans
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have put Kent as my firm choice and Canterbury Christ Church as my insurance choice. I'm 80% certain that I won't get into Kent based on my now current predicted grades. I love Canterbury Christ Church but I'm a bit worried about accommodation as I cannot apply for it when it's my insurance choice. When I get my results in the August, and lets say I don't get into Kent and decide to go with my insurance choice... how do I go about getting accommodation? Am I even guaranteed a place as it's my insurance choice. I've applied and been accepted for the English Literature course in September 2013. I'm just a bit worried that I won't get accommodation :/ I live in Colchester, Essex which is roughly 2 hours away from campus. Will this go in my favour? Thanks!
sophgrace95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by abimariaevans)
I have put Kent as my firm choice and Canterbury Christ Church as my insurance choice. I'm 80% certain that I won't get into Kent based on my now current predicted grades. I love Canterbury Christ Church but I'm a bit worried about accommodation as I cannot apply for it when it's my insurance choice. When I get my results in the August, and lets say I don't get into Kent and decide to go with my insurance choice... how do I go about getting accommodation? Am I even guaranteed a place as it's my insurance choice. I've applied and been accepted for the English Literature course in September 2013. I'm just a bit worried that I won't get accommodation :/ I live in Colchester, Essex which is roughly 2 hours away from campus. Will this go in my favour? Thanks!
I'm in exactly the same position! I applied to CCC for history and put it as my insurance with Gloucestershire as my firm. I visited CCC and loved St George's centre but obviously we can't apply for accommodation and I'll be gutted if I end up going there and don't get a place in halls! I think we get whatever's left or have to look for a house share

Posted from TSR Mobile
abimariaevans
Rep:
?
Dayum... it's so annoying! Hope I can get good accommodation despite it being my Insurance choice! I don't care where it is as long as its a part of the University accommodation if you know what I mean?
LaurenSL2090
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've done the same as you guys - firmed Southampton and put CCCU as my insurance for English Lit. I haven't got the grades for Southampton though.
I did put on my application that I would apply for halls but actually I'm going to try commuting (even though I'm about an hour away!).
But I reckon they must have some kind of system for allocating rooms for insurance students - most likely by distance?? Seems logical to me anyway!!
Or, if you know you're not gonna get in to your firm, then maybe ask them to release you from the "contract" you're in with them so you can apply for halls ASAP!!
abimariaevans
Rep:
?
(Original post by LaurenSL2090)
I've done the same as you guys - firmed Southampton and put CCCU as my insurance for English Lit. I haven't got the grades for Southampton though.
I did put on my application that I would apply for halls but actually I'm going to try commuting (even though I'm about an hour away!).
But I reckon they must have some kind of system for allocating rooms for insurance students - most likely by distance?? Seems logical to me anyway!!
Or, if you know you're not gonna get in to your firm, then maybe ask them to release you from the "contract" you're in with them so you can apply for halls ASAP!!
As the results day draws closer and closer i'm getting all nervous that I haven't got into my firm choice (Kent). Maybe they'll accept me with slightly lower grades.. guess i'll have to see. I'm hoping to do English Lit at CCCU if I end up going there looks like a really good course. Good luck with your results!
Cina
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by abimariaevans)
Omg literally in the EXACT same position as you! Kent is also my firm I've heard accomodation is tricky to get accom when it's your insurance but I think the uni does events where you can find house mates etc so you still move to canterbury while studying
glessabella
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm literally in the exact same situation, except I'm a year younger and I'm doing Drama aha I hope this was sorted out for you, I was wondering what ended up happening? I'm worried I won't get into Kent because of exam practice struggles and really need accommodation for CCCU if I end up going there. What happened?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.13%
Not great so far... (227)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.24%

Watched Threads