Turn on thread page Beta

I need a job watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am only 13 but really need a job coz i need the money someone plz help me!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You don't need the money. You're 13! What are you going to spend it on exactly? I should imagine your parents are still covering your food/warmth/shelter requirements...

... and realistically, what viable skills do you have when you're 13? I'm pretty sure at that age I limited myself to mowing neighbours' lawns..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarjazz)
    You don't need the money. You're 13! What are you going to spend it on exactly? I should imagine your parents are still covering your food/warmth/shelter requirements...

... and realistically, what viable skills do you have when you're 13? I'm pretty sure at that age I limited myself to mowing neighbours' lawns..
    I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY NEED THE MONEY WHEN I WAS 13 I NEEDED SOME MONEY MY PARENTS ABUSED ME WHEN THEY FOUND OUT I HAD A JOB WITH MY TWIN SISTER AND I WAS 13 THEY MIGHT NOT BE GETTING ANY MONEY THEY MIGHT NO GET POKET MONEY THERE MIGHT BE A COAT THEY WANT BUT THERE PARENTS SAID YOU HAVE TO BUY IT YOURSELF SIMPLE AS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblypinkbabe)
    I am only 13 but really need a job coz i need the money someone plz help me!!!!!
    Well, because of your age it may be difficult but the first thing that comes to mind is babysitting. Could you try that? I have seen advice given at other sites like looking around your neighborhood to see what needs to be done - like yard work, errands and the like. You also seem to have access to computers so you should look into something that involves computers. I belong to a Starting A Business/Working at Home mailing list and one of the (homework)assignments was to name 5 programs that are on your computer and then we would try and come up with job ideas for those programs.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't start working till i was about 14/15?? but when i did it was babysitting!! i would advise you to start with young families, as with older ones there might not be a huge age diff netween u, so it'll be hard for you to have any authoritie over them!!
    and make sure its ony one or two kids, any more and it could get crazy!!
    (p.s always determine bedtimes with parents before they leave, and do it in front of the children!!!)

ReputationRep:
    cleaning houses... I used to do that for money when i was your age, is not as bad as it may sound to you but its good money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LIL`MO)
    I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY NEED THE MONEY WHEN I WAS 13 I NEEDED SOME MONEY MY PARENTS ABUSED ME WHEN THEY FOUND OUT I HAD A JOB WITH MY TWIN SISTER AND I WAS 13 THEY MIGHT NOT BE GETTING ANY MONEY THEY MIGHT NO GET POKET MONEY THERE MIGHT BE A COAT THEY WANT BUT THERE PARENTS SAID YOU HAVE TO BUY IT YOURSELF SIMPLE AS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The key on the left of your keyboard saying "CAPS LOCK" allows you to write in lower case if you press it.

There might be a coat they want and their parents won't buy it for them? There's a difference between want and need. And if you think you need to damage your education by working at 13 to get a coat, your future's... well, hardly wonderful!

If parents are abusive, the answer's hardly "get a job!" Get help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblypinkbabe)
    Babysitting or paper round. I did both, and it was fun.

ReputationRep:
    paper round is what i had depending on weather u do an estate paper (local free newspaper gets dropped off at your house and u have 2 days to deliver about 200) or working from a news agents will depend on your money in take. wen i was 13 i had a ppround to pay for my pony :rolleyes:kids are wanting to be more independent these days and dont want to rely on their parents

ReputationRep:
    when i was 12/13 i had a paper round- mornings one bloody hard work and in my opinion not worth the money coz i was constantly tired but last sunday i mowed the grass(my gardens quite big) and did the ironin an i got paid £20 woo!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.