The Student Room Group

C2 tomorrow, how are people feeling?

So tomorrow I'm taking C2 for the third time and I'm incredibly nervous. I have a B in it so far, and an A in C1 and B in mechanics, but my S1 is a D, which brings it down. I really need to get an A so that I can have some room to compensate if I do badly in C3 and C4.

What kind of questions do you think are likely/unlikely to come up? I'm praying not a "proof of the sum of a geometric series" or one of those "find the distance between P and Q" from the circle questions. Or a horrible sector question.
Reply 1
I wasn't very good with questions relating to radians, sectors etc until recently but the rest of it i think i'm fine with. Well binomial expansions come up a lot so i need to practise that a bit again but i'm feeling pretty confident about it.
hey!where do i download S1 book from?tnx
Reply 3
Yep there seems to be a binomial question and a factor theorem/remainder theorem question in every paper.
im more worried for s2 immediately after c2:/
Reply 5
Original post by missA123
Yep there seems to be a binomial question and a factor theorem/remainder theorem question in every paper.

I know this is pretty basic but i also need to go over equations for all the different shapes for questions when they ask for example:

Show that the A= 1250x + 25x^2/6x (if that makes sense)
Reply 6
Got 75 ums at the moment, need 85 so i can get a mid C in c4 and get an A overall, really nervous as i feel i will know by tomorrow if i'll get an A or not...
Reply 7
@Beorn For those kind of questions, what you have to do is find an expression for Y in terms of X and then just sub that expression into the formula for area, they're quite easy once you practise a few, try these :smile: http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-revision/core-maths/differentiation/applications/stationary-points/exam-questions/Edexcel/C2/questions.php

@JAJC I have 74 so I'm basically on the same boat as you. But I'm aiming for a B overral seeing as my flop in S1 prevents me from ever getting an A.
I'm really scared about it, I haven't done very many past papers, just praying its going to be a nice exam...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Did okay in C1, messed up D1 so I have to make sure I do well on this paper. need around 85 ums on this to get an A in AS overall I think.

Does anybody know if top 20 university will give me an offer for maths if I get a B at AS-level?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest