Whos got 2 OCR Advancing Physics exams tommorow?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
mrmarsupial
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I have and I havnt revised yet becuase the way I see it, all the stuff in the book its just over the top for revision, I have analysed the papers and I see that about

60% of the questions are calculations - learn the formulas and use data book well, u have 60% easy
30% is section C, which is always 2 of 5 possible things on both papers, learn model answers, and your sorted

= 90% the other 10% is questions random which could be asked on anything in the big textbook whcih i recon isnt worth the effort revising just for 10%

What you think
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I've got the other OCR spec tomorrow. Not too bad, hopefully
So far I'm something like:
Maths: Failed
Chemistry: Done okay
Biology: No idea, it was an odd paper
Physics: Hopefully will do okay (mocks haven't been too bad).

Good luck for tomorrow!
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
You too ! do you agree that u just gotta learn equations and the section C questions too? does urs have big sections C's at the end that are always 2 of 5 things?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Ours is a very different format I think.
3 papers.
Module 1: Forces and motion. Structured questions
Module 2: Electrons and photons. Structured questions.
Module 3: (half module with the prac. exam) Wave properties. Structured questions.

Generally they throw in a few wordy "quality of written communication" questions though.

What other subjects do you do? Do you do maths? Seems a lot of people in my class who don't do maths have a bit of a problem with the maths side of physics.
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
Yea I do do maths, maybe thats why I think physics exams are so easy cause the calculations are just giving marks away ! lol but i suppose its relevent as real life physics will involve a tonne of calculations
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Me... and if you could list the 6 modules marsupial i'd be greatful :-)
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And what particular 'only 4' possible section C questions are there? Do you know any good sites with Physics info. on? I still have a few hours :P
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
For the physics in action the section C will either be about a circuit you desgined, a material u have researched or a type of system which sends and recieves digital signals

for the understadning processes it will either be a question on quantum behaviour, measuring distance with some sort of wave, wave diffraction or superposition or a javid question (aka a mechancis type one)
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
Exam was easy in comparison to others but I still recon I wont get better than a D
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by mrmarsupial
Exam was easy in comparison to others but I still recon I wont get better than a D
Guest_Rob
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Post above is me, browser problems.

Originally posted by mrmarsupial
Not giving you false hope, but I was suprised last year I was convinced I had a B/C in the OCR-B physics AS, but it turned out I was about 12 marks above the A boundary.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
34.05%
No (521)
65.95%

Watched Threads