The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE History Exam June 3rd - Germany, Medicine and Crime & Punishment,

I think some people do American West as well, not entirely sure.

Personally, I do Germany 1919-45 and Medicine Through Time. I'm pretty confident for this exam, just hope we get decent sources!

My paper 2 (sources paper) is about the Industrial revolution in the 19th century and links with medicine.. I'm thinking John Simon/Edwin Chadwick? Perhaps John Snow? Anyone got an idea of the theme?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just me that does this then? :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Jack59
I think some people do American West as well, not entirely sure.

Personally, I do Germany 1919-45 and Medicine Through Time. I'm pretty confident for this exam, just hope we get decent sources!

My paper 2 (sources paper) is about the Industrial revolution in the 19th century and links with medicine.. I'm thinking John Simon/Edwin Chadwick? Perhaps John Snow? Anyone got an idea of the theme?

i do it too. my paper 1 is medicine and Germany and my paper two is medicine specifically public health in the 19th century... i hope i'll do well in it,,, this is one of my best subjects.
what do you think paper 1 medicine is going to be about? I'm doing medicine and american west by the way. Also if anybody had any tips on interpreting sources that would be welcome :smile:
Reply 4
Same I'm doing Medicine and Germany too! :tongue:
Reply 5
For Paper 2 I think it'll definitely be about the Public Health Acts, John Snow and Edwin Chadwick...but I can't think what else? :s-smilie: The topic seems really broad yet there aren't too many main individuals or anything?!
Reply 6
Im doing US West and MMT for Paper 1, with Industrial Era as Paper 2
Reply 7
Original post by Jack59
I'm thinking John Simon

Who is John Simon???
Reply 8
Original post by l1lvink
Who is John Simon???

Bloke who worked with Edwin Chadwick.

I asked my teacher who she thinks will come up on Paper 2 and she said it could be anything, but John Snow and Edwin Chadwick/John Simon is all she can think...

I personally feel there will be quite a lot about Public Health on Paper 1 as well. The topic of Paper 2 normally appears quite a lot in Paper 1.

I think I'll be answering an ancient world essay on Medicine anyway. Probably my strongest area.

For Paper 2 I'd revise

John Snow
John Simon and Edwin Chadwick
Conditions in the 19th Century and key dates
Reforms and when things changed etc.

There has previously been a Paper 2 about John Snow and the Broad street pump, so I think it'll be very unlikely to be him again. Hope it is though.
I'm doing AW and MTT myself. I have already done paper 2 in January.

How are you guys revising for this?
Reply 10
Original post by NightStrider

Just looking at key things and trying to remember dates and facts about key areas.

Remember the key dates, how Public health, Surgery, etc differed through different periods, remembering the facts about each key person such as Koch, Pasteur, Lister, Galen, Vesalius, etc
I'm doing American West and Crime and Punishment, paper 2 on the suffragettes.
Reply 12
Original post by Jack59
Bloke who worked with Edwin Chadwick.

Ive put his name next to Edwin's in my revision.
Reply 13
Original post by NightStrider

I paid alot of attention in class-and i had a good teacher, so i 'know' pretty much everything.
What ive done is written the dates with their respective people and their respective theories/ideas and ive memorised that and keep on writing it out. That way in the exam i know exactly what had happened/what hadnt happened, as context gets you a sh*t load of marks.
Reply 14
Will stuff about the industrial era appear in Paper 1?
Reply 15
Original post by l1lvink
Will stuff about the industrial era appear in Paper 1?

Extremely unlikely. There might be a source showing the state of 19th century public health and smoke in the background or something like. You could comment on The Industrial revolution there. But no, I don't think so.

I'm thinking Galen could come up, he hasn't done so for a while. That's my only prediction though. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
So how're we feeling? :biggrin:
Original post by Jack59
So how're we feeling? :biggrin:

Honestly, I'm a bit nervous. I really want an A* and this is the last paper (I have already done paper 2 in January).

Lets hope the questions we get are good!
Reply 18
Try this to seeif you really are ready for tomorrow's exam:-

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/gcse-medicine/id527663351?mt=8
Original post by martyw
Try this to seeif you really are ready for tomorrow's exam:-

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/gcse-medicine/id527663351?mt=8

I dont have an iphone but the site the guy has seems pretty useful

Quick Reply

Latest