The Student Room Group

The Murderer was BRITISH

Do all these racists not see how stupid they look when they say things like 'get all the muslims out' or 'send them back to where they came from' as the murderer has been confirmed as a Britisn born citizen.

Michael Adebolajo, 28, was born in Lambeth, south London, in 1985 to a Christian family of Nigerian descent.

It doesn't matter if you think he's not, or even if he thinks he's not.

He is British by law.

Not an immigrant

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
But he was born into a Christian family, what made him convert to Islam, excuse me if I'm wrong but African people are very in touch with there religion, so what had influenced him to come to Islam?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Locogooner
Do all these racists not see how stupid they look when they say things like 'get all the muslims out' or 'send them back to where they came from' as the murderer has been confirmed as a Britisn born citizen.

Michael Adebolajo, 28, was born in Lambeth, south London, in 1985 to a Christian family of Nigerian descent.

He is British by law.

Not an immigrant

I think you'll find the backlash is against Islam, a religion, not nationality. Just because he was born here doesn't give Islam a get-out-of-jail free card.

Plus, he hardly identified as British; 'your people killing my people'. Muslims only hold allegiance to other muslims.
Reply 3
Original post by G8D
There was a muslim on BBC suggesting that those muslims discontent in the UK should leave.

Also you can't be racist against muslims. Islam is not a race.

It has become a race war between white Brits and Asian muslims, even though it shouldn't be.

I have seen many people on Twitter and FB saying 'get those pakis' out.

The racist do not understand you can be white and Muslim.
Reply 4
hes a ******
Reply 5
Original post by Pendulum3
But he was born into a Christian family, what made him convert to Islam, excuse me if I'm wrong but African people are very in touch with there religion, so what had influenced him to come to Islam?

he converted to islam some time ago, that isnt even his current name he changed to majid or mohammed or something, one of his friends confirmed. wy would a non muslim chop someones head off chanting all akbar?
Reply 6
Original post by Barksy
I think you'll find the backlash is against Islam, a religion, not nationality. Just because he was born here doesn't give Islam a get-out-of-jail free card.

Plus, he hardly identified as British; 'your people killing my people'. Muslims only hold allegiance to other muslims.

Which is why I said it doesn't matter if he does not consider himself a Brit. He is, by law.

My point was that many people have said that muslims should get sent back to their homelands and other people questioning UK immigration laws in spite of this attack. It is silly, because the murderer is infact a British born which means 'going home' would be staying in the UK.

He is British by law.

Not an immigrant

Some people seem to think that it's a case of 'us and them' and Britain should be for only the British. They seem to forget that we were all immigrants at some point. I hate that now mosques are being attacked, it just shows the narrow mindedness of this nation, it's a very small proportion of actual Muslims who commit these crimes and it's not like white people haven't committed any crimes, eg Mick Philpott, Mark Bridger, the list goes on.
Reply 8
Original post by G8D
If they identify so strongly with Islam that they will kill to show it then I don't really see the problem with sending them somewhere else. Give the caliphate an extra body.

Where would you send people who identify so strongly with Christianity that they kill?
Reply 9
Original post by Superunknown17
Some people seem to think that it's a case of 'us and them' and Britain should be for only the British. They seem to forget that we were all immigrants at some point. I hate that now mosques are being attacked, it just shows the narrow mindedness of this nation, it's a very small proportion of actual Muslims who commit these crimes and it's not like white people haven't committed any crimes, eg Mick Philpott, Mark Bridger, the list goes on.

White Europeans are native to Europe. End of. It's comment like that whuch do nothing but stir up division and animosity. Calling native people 'immigrants' in their own country, and denying them it entirely, is racist and bigoted.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Yes, it's a shame they cannot deport this scum bag to Nigeria
Reply 11
Uhmmmm "your people are killing my people"

I am pretty sure the British are not killing innocent Nigerians, what is this guy talking about?
I don't care what his nationality is, we shouldn't be paying to keep people like that in prison. Just stick him in Fort Boyard or sink him to the bottom of the ocean like Bin Laden or Megatron.
Reply 13
Original post by DeluxeJ
He's British on paper. If he's British why is he killing British troops and described Muslim country's as 'Our Lands'? :confused:

Are you implying you must be foreign to kill British troops?

Original post by DeluxeJ

Btw, he is also Muslim, and believes in Islam. Something which is not native to the UK, but entirely alien and foreign. Therefore, his values, beliefs and dogma is not a homogeneous one, but a immigrant religion.

Believing in Islam does not make you a foreigner. Also, while atheism is not a belief a significant amount of people are turning away from the Church of England and deciding to not believe in God. Is that not also an alien and foreign concept considering the UK has been considered a Christian country for centuries?
Reply 14
Original post by hafzaaa
Uhmmmm "your people are killing my people"

I am pretty sure the British are not killing innocent Nigerians, what is this guy talking about?

He is confused and incorrect in that regard, yes.

I have a feeling he is talking about an Islamic nation though.
Reply 15
He is confused and incorrect in that regard, yes.

I have a feeling he is talking about an Islamic nation though.

so by "my people" he means Muslims in general?

That still doesnt give him the right to do what he and his friend did!
Reply 16
Are you implying you must be foreign to kill British troops?

Believing in Islam does not make you a foreigner. Also, while atheism is not a belief a significant amount of people are turning away from the Church of England and deciding to not believe in God. Is that not also an alien and foreign concept considering the UK has been considered a Christian country for centuries?

Islam is foreign entirely. Anything of that identity is foreign. It is not English or Western. Atheism isn't British, German, Uruguyans or anything. It's people who don't follow religion. Islam on the other hand is Arabian in origin, and foreign in practice. Turn on BBC Asian Radio Network then tell what British culture you hear on there..It's all foreign..from British people apparently.

Explain this video to me please.

[video="youtube;do_B5HBtSr4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do_B5HBtSr4[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Mr Big
he converted to islam some time ago, that isnt even his current name he changed to majid or mohammed or something, one of his friends confirmed. wy would a non muslim chop someones head off chanting all akbar?

Where are these beheading claims coming from? I just watched a witness on the news saying that someone was trying to resuscitate the victim... who was allegedly beheaded? :confused:

There was a woman seen laying next to the murdered soldier trying to "comfort" him for goodness sake.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by DeluxeJ
Islam is foreign entirely. Anything of that identity is foreign. It is not English or Western. Atheism isn't British, German, Uruguyans or anything. It's people who don't follow religion. Islam on the other hand is Arabian in origin, and foreign in practice. Turn on BBC Asian Radio Network then tell what British culture you hear on there..It's all foreign..from British people apparently.

Explain this video to me please.

[video="youtube;do_B5HBtSr4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do_B5HBtSr4[/video]

The origins of Christianty or not British either. Therefore, going by your logic it is also 'foreign'.
Loool this thread will turn into a anti Nigeria thread, ****ers

Was a Christian born in England just chose the wrong path,so much that his parents moved him away from that area

What he did was wrong nothing to do with his parents origin , so no trash talking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending