Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what the subject title says....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankur1986)
    I haven't met them all.

ReputationRep:
    Well the ones I met were looking at my family and my father like we were bunch of slappers because my parents look and dress young.

But other than them I think they are really nice people. I hold nothing against them.

ReputationRep:
    You mean in general? Well, I'm sure that a lot of people will always associate the country with 2 world wars, but that was not the fault of the German people themselves - just choice individuals. World War 1 was just as much the fault of England as it was Germany, and World War 2 started as a result of the ramifications of the first. Irregardless, it was a long time ago. In short, it seems somewhat ignorant to hold a grudge.

I assume that's what you meant - unless you were talking about the quality of their sausages. In which case, thumbs up.

ReputationRep:
    i meant generally what do people think about germans. In general i think a lot people have a fairly negative view aboput germans because of world war 2 etc. but i'm just interested to know what the views of others are...

ReputationRep:
    i meant generally what do people think about germans. In general i think a lot people have a fairly negative view aboput germans because of world war 2 etc. but i'm just interested to know what the views of others are...
    Stereotypically, they are viewed as a humourless, industrious people. Having never really known a German person, I can't confirm or deny this, but I think that all stereotypes, as a rule, are flawed. People are individual and can't you can't classify their character by nationality.

ReputationRep:
    Well we know why you made this thread, do you want to bring in the subject of Hitler in it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    Well we know why you made this thread, do you want to bring in the subject of Hitler in it?
    So...?

ReputationRep:
    Cool people. I had to show a group of twenty around my sixth form recently and was struggling to speak German for about 15 mins before one of them took the liberty to tell me that they were all fluent English speakers, after which there were many a laugh at my expense; but generally they are a nice bunch.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone here name a single attractive German woman?

ReputationRep:
    Kraftwork were a good band and Volkswagen make good cars. Other than that I cannot make any comment on the german's at all as don't know any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaarrrggh)
    Oh, I see that you are a troll. Should have guessed it.

ReputationRep:

Claudia Schiffer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Helga.
    Definitely... who's Helga?

ReputationRep:
    Went to remany once and there idea of a vegetarian option was a lump of cheese, i kid you not.

Apart from that they seem ok, bit of a silly topic to debate tho (aside from stereotypes of course)

ReputationRep:
    they seem alright, never met any personally

great suasages mind....

i have had some nasty experiences with germans tho...german nudists that is, on a beach....playing frisbee...! MY EYES! they werent in the youth of their life either ewwwwwww

ReputationRep:
    There have been far too many threads on Germans lately. Would anyone like to inform me about this strange fascination???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    There have been far too many threads on Germans lately. Would anyone like to inform me about this strange fascination???
    they are into naturism ...

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    ya, come on you don't think lederhosen is hot? lol

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.