(Original post by ankur1986)
what the subject title says....
I haven't met them all.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well the ones I met were looking at my family and my father like we were bunch of slappers because my parents look and dress young.

But other than them I think they are really nice people. I hold nothing against them.
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You mean in general? Well, I'm sure that a lot of people will always associate the country with 2 world wars, but that was not the fault of the German people themselves - just choice individuals. World War 1 was just as much the fault of England as it was Germany, and World War 2 started as a result of the ramifications of the first. Irregardless, it was a long time ago. In short, it seems somewhat ignorant to hold a grudge.

I assume that's what you meant - unless you were talking about the quality of their sausages. In which case, thumbs up.
ankur1986
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i meant generally what do people think about germans. In general i think a lot people have a fairly negative view aboput germans because of world war 2 etc. but i'm just interested to know what the views of others are...
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i meant generally what do people think about germans. In general i think a lot people have a fairly negative view aboput germans because of world war 2 etc. but i'm just interested to know what the views of others are...
Stereotypically, they are viewed as a humourless, industrious people. Having never really known a German person, I can't confirm or deny this, but I think that all stereotypes, as a rule, are flawed. People are individual and can't you can't classify their character by nationality.
SHANDY
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well we know why you made this thread, do you want to bring in the subject of Hitler in it?
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SHANDY)
Well we know why you made this thread, do you want to bring in the subject of Hitler in it?
So...?
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Cool people. I had to show a group of twenty around my sixth form recently and was struggling to speak German for about 15 mins before one of them took the liberty to tell me that they were all fluent English speakers, after which there were many a laugh at my expense; but generally they are a nice bunch.
aaarrrggh
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Can anyone here name a single attractive German woman?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Kraftwork were a good band and Volkswagen make good cars. Other than that I cannot make any comment on the german's at all as don't know any.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aaarrrggh)
Oh, I see that you are a troll. Should have guessed it.
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Claudia Schiffer?
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Helga.
Definitely... who's Helga?
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Went to remany once and there idea of a vegetarian option was a lump of cheese, i kid you not.

Apart from that they seem ok, bit of a silly topic to debate tho (aside from stereotypes of course)
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
they seem alright, never met any personally

great suasages mind....

i have had some nasty experiences with germans tho...german nudists that is, on a beach....playing frisbee...! MY EYES! they werent in the youth of their life either ewwwwwww
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There have been far too many threads on Germans lately. Would anyone like to inform me about this strange fascination???
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
There have been far too many threads on Germans lately. Would anyone like to inform me about this strange fascination???
they are into naturism ...
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes.
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ya, come on you don't think lederhosen is hot? lol
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (0)
0%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (1)
7.69%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (3)
23.08%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (1)
7.69%
No, nothing has changed (3)
23.08%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (5)
38.46%

Watched Threads