The Student Room Group

Really worried...

I'm really worried about things now, I'll tell you why; I had my initial assessment at college on Tuesday and admittedly I did absolutely rubbish because I rushed it and I've just had my interview from college today (I applied for Level 1 brickwork) i'm worried because he basically said I'd be put on a course lower because my Maths and English aren't up to standard. But what worries me is that the course i'll be put on is a years course, and I've already spent a year at my current Sixth Form doing a similar course (Diploma Construction level 1) and yet I haven't struggled with that and i'm bound to pass within a few weeks. So this year has been a total waste really and so will next year at the college if i'm on this 'lower' course, I just feel ridiculously stupid, like all my friends are ahead of me and stuff and ugh yeah, I don't know what to do or anything. :frown: That's what worries me, honestly feel like i'm going nowhere. Like what do I do? I'm 17 btw, I got a D in English and something silly in Maths in school. **** I know. :frown:

Am I able to do my initial assessment again if I applied for another course or is that it now? Ugh :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by st4rtt
I'm really worried about things now, I'll tell you why; I had my initial assessment at college on Tuesday and admittedly I did absolutely rubbish because I rushed it and I've just had my interview from college today (I applied for Level 1 brickwork) i'm worried because he basically said I'd be put on a course lower because my Maths and English aren't up to standard. But what worries me is that the course i'll be put on is a years course, and I've already spent a year at my current Sixth Form doing a similar course (Diploma Construction level 1) and yet I haven't struggled with that and i'm bound to pass within a few weeks. So this year has been a total waste really and so will next year at the college if i'm on this 'lower' course, I just feel ridiculously stupid, like all my friends are ahead of me and stuff and ugh yeah, I don't know what to do or anything. :frown: That's what worries me, honestly feel like i'm going nowhere. Like what do I do? I'm 17 btw, I got a D in English and something silly in Maths in school. **** I know. :frown:

Am I able to do my initial assessment again if I applied for another course or is that it now? Ugh :frown:

Don't take my word for it, but if you say you're going pass your Diploma Construction Level 1 Course which is a similar course to the one you've applied for, after you've recieved the result you can re-apply for the course (you've proved that you can do a similar course at a high standard without English + Maths at a C grade)
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending