Turn on thread page Beta

Most stupid answer you've ever given in an exam watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure we've all done it - walked out of an exam and realised you've written something daft, illogical or nonsensical.

So what's the most stupid thing you've ever written in an exam?

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of anything which comes to mind particularly but I'm sure I've messed up a lot of maths exams and when talking about it after someones said what they put and I've kicked myself.

I have however got to the end of maths exams and wrote random numbers in the answer boxes in the last 30 seconds, none of which have ever come right I don't think.

ReputationRep:
    In the French Listening Exam which I found quite hard, there was one question I had no clue on, so I put:

''I'm stumped, GG Mr.Marker''

ReputationRep:
    I completely forgot an entire topic that featured on a Geography GCSE exam. When I got to that section on the paper I scribbled some nonsense and induced a nosebleed all over those pages so they were illegible.
    Somehow I scraped a C grade but I now do feel very sorry for the poor examiner.

Oh, and knowing I was going to fail big time on my German oral exam I decided to learn only one phrase - 'I don't know'.
    Then problem was I learned it wrong and answered every question with 'I white know'. Doh!

ReputationRep:
    I did change in x/ change in y for gradient in C1. Rookie

ReputationRep:
    I got sidetracked and asked the examiner where do swans live, does anyone know ?

ReputationRep:
    "Examiners of the world Unite" this was in an economics exam and i was quite ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Failed)
    *Stupidest answer you've ever given.

Thought it would be appropriate to point that out, given the thread topic.
    Haha, how ironic! I'll pretend I did it deliberately...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this counts as an exam, but for my spanish oral, my teacher asked me "how are you?" (as you do when the tape starts :P)

I had no idea what she said.

So I replied "Kinder buneo".

She laughed for a good minute.

ReputationRep:
    drew a scattergraph in my geography AS paper this week when we evidently had to draw a bar chart

ReputationRep:
    this isn't really an accidental mistake. But once in a science GCSE (wasn't a fan of science tbh) anyway there was a question I didn't really understand, I was staring at it for a while in the end I wrote THIS QUESTION DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
    that's how far I've got though hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'I don't know':erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WinnerMachine12)
    I did change in x/ change in y for gradient in C1. Rookie
    me too! Im so so so annoyed with myself, so stupid!

ReputationRep:
    In a chemistry AS paper it asked for the use of butane gas & I convinced myself it wanted the answer road resurfacing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Failed)
    *Stupidest answer you've ever given.

Thought it would be appropriate to point that out, given the thread topic.
    Got beaten to my post.

And my addition is probably the making up of how Hitler became Chancellor of Germany last year in history - I knew he was popular so I wittered on about his popularity and that was the key to getting anywhere in life. Still got an A* my fave examiner to date probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jilebinator)
    I don't know if this counts as an exam, but for my spanish oral, my teacher asked me "how are you?" (as you do when the tape starts :P)

I had no idea what she said.

So I replied "Kinder buneo".

She laughed for a good minute.
    Haha so random, made me laugh. :')

ReputationRep:
    In French mock exam I wrote the dog answers the phone for the blind man when it was the dog gets the phone for the blind man.

ReputationRep:
    I used to write 'Waste of paper' on the pages labelled 'Blank page' in my GCSE exams.

ReputationRep:
    Not strictly appropriate as it was during a medical interview, where I said that the exponential curve was quadratic... and then proceeded to defend myself by explaining I was actually rubbish at maths when I had noticed my mistake immediately after having said it was quadratic :facepalm: unsurprisingly I was rejected :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    too embarrassing to mention, it was a mock exam and my teacher told the whole CLASSSSSSSSS!!!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.