The Student Room Group

PE OCR AS-Level 23rd May 2013

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about today's exam. I thought it was one of the better papers so I'm thinking grade boundaries will be high but I don't know.
Any thoughts?
Reply 1
do grade boundaries vary in OCR PE? i thought 80% was always an A :G
Reply 2
Helloooo, exam was ok apart from the altitude question in the anatomy bit and the second part on venous return. The grade boundaries this year as I understand is that 60/90 is an A for the exam. So if you did well in your coursework whatever grade you got in the exam will go up due to a high coursework grade. Hope this helps! I will find more on grade boundaries if needed.
Original post by Athenaaa
Helloooo, exam was ok apart from the altitude question in the anatomy bit and the second part on venous return. The grade boundaries this year as I understand is that 60/90 is an A for the exam. So if you did well in your coursework whatever grade you got in the exam will go up due to a high coursework grade. Hope this helps! I will find more on grade boundaries if needed.

how do you know what the raw mark grade boundaries are for this year? from looking at past papers they can vary from 50 at the lowest to achieve an A and 66 the highest to achieve an A so far.

Also And can anybody remind me what questions came up on section B other than the memory model (2d) question?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
I am not a hundred percent sure, but that it what it has been for the recent years. It also depends on how other candidates did on the paper so they get give an overall mark. The boundaries will most likely be lower if 66 has been the highest for an A. Unfortunately I can not access the grade boundaries for jan 2013 (most recent) only June 2012. They are always changing and never certain. Yes, that question was on Welfords model so if you have the OCR book you need to check out pages 156 and 157, then you can probably work out if you were on the right tracks. It was a hard question!
thankyou! and january 2013 was 66 for an A (http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/128198-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-january-2013.pdf its one of only two exams to be that high). Also can you remember any of the others from that section, i remember a question on thorndikes laws, and another on motivation strategies for achieving a BAHL, but the other question/s for section B i cant remember at all...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
the 10 marker was on types of guidance (verbal,visual, manual and mechanic):smile:
did anyone understand the question in he last section on modern technology and sport?
Reply 7
No worries, that was all in that section (that i can remember!) Ok, so modern technology things in sport was for instance, lycra fit clothing (soaks sweat and aids comfort for sportspeople) it was like gum shields in rugby (safety) hawk eye in tennis (makes the game fairer and builds suspense in crowd) Was quite a difficult question as they worded it horrible!
do you have any idea what the other (before 10 marker) questions were in section B? because im fairly confident there were 5 questions, and i now know of three (thorndikes laws, welfords model, motivation for BAHL) but really want to know what the other/s might have been :P
Reply 9
Original post by George Mackey
do you have any idea what the other (before 10 marker) questions were in section B? because im fairly confident there were 5 questions, and i now know of three (thorndikes laws, welfords model, motivation for BAHL) but really want to know what the other/s might have been :P

there was one on factors affecting response time, if that helps :smile:
that helps alot! thankyou"! :smile: i don't suppose you have any idea how many marks it was for?
Reply 11
it was 5 marks :P
another question... can you remember if section B had four or five question parts? (pre-10marker) :P
Reply 13
it was four questions :smile: i just cant remember what the first question was!
oh right well in that case it must have been, Response time, thorndikes laws, motivation for BAHL and the memory model. I think that motivation for BAHL was the first question.. maybe :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending