Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions on what might come up in the exam? For the 12 marker etc...

Hope it is on conformity personally, I think Asch's study is much easier than Milgram's Obedience study to talk about

ReputationRep:
    Well I think it will probably be Sigmund Freud's psychodynamic approach to psychopathology rather than obedience or conformity

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a possibility of this years essay being on stress as the past 2-jan 13 was abnormality and June 12 was conformity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clare_cornwell)
    I think there's a possibility of this years essay being on stress as the past 2-jan 13 was abnormality and June 12 was conformity
    I hope it's not stress because I find it hard to write about !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think stress will also come up, and I am guessing the 12 marker will be on daily hassles or life changes maybe...

Here's a list of some of the previous 12 markers....

Jan 2013- Outline the behavioural approach
    June 2012 - Outline Research into conformity
    Jan 2012- Discuss two or more methods of stress management
    Jun 2011- Outline and evaluate independent behaviour
    Jan 2011 – Evaluate the psychodynamic approach to abnormality.
    Jun 2010 – Outline and evaluate research into the relationship between the immune system and stress-related illness.
    Jan 2010 - Discuss two or more definitions of abnormality.
    Jun 2009 – discus one or more psychological methods of stress management
    Jan 2009 - Evaluation of the biological approach to psychopathology

ReputationRep:
    Or minority influence ... maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oglluc123)
    Or minority influence ... maybe
    Minority influence can't come because they have removed it from the new spec so it can only come up as part of social change!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any good reasons why research into obedience is not coming up on the 12 marker? It is one of the biggest part of the Unit 2, and it didn't come up for 4 years!! so know everything about obedience!

ReputationRep:
    um... what is social influence exactly, i got notes and everything, i don't feel 100% confident!

ReputationRep:
    I would personally love an essay on obedience but I think there is a high likelihood of it being on stress as awful as tthat would be...

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it will be on stress, because since the specimen paper it has been:
    Social psych, abnormality, stress, abnormality, social psych, stress, social psych, abnormality,
    so stress is likely to come up next

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizjames94)
    I reckon it will be on stress, because since the specimen paper it has been:
    Social psych, abnormality, stress, abnormality, social psych, stress, social psych, abnormality,
    so stress is likely to come up next
    Blimey thats a conspiracy theory alright, hopefully you are wrong because thats just an awful topic to talk alot about : /

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adil_1806)
    Blimey thats a conspiracy theory alright, hopefully you are wrong because thats just an awful topic to talk alot about : /
    I hope its not stress either, i hate it!

ReputationRep:
    My teacher reckons it might be on personality factors and stress, as stress is likely to come up anyway and personality factors has never been asked. But I think that's quite easy, considering you can talk about Type A, Type B and Hardiness and all of the relevant studies and such.

ReputationRep:
    I think it will be on explanations of abnormality but not the behavioural as that came up in Jan 13. June 12 was on conformity, and year before the 8 marker was on conformity I DOUBT it will come up again.

I really want a 12 or 8 marker on the biological approach to abnormality!

PLEASE GOD PLEASE DON'T BE A 12 MARKER ON STRESS, PLEASE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clare_cornwell)
    I would personally love an essay on obedience but I think there is a high likelihood of it being on stress as awful as tthat would be...
    I am so bad at wording that stuff

I really want the 12 marker to be on the Biological approach to abnormality

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for the essay to be on daily hassles and/or life changes, work related stress or obedience

ReputationRep:
    I don't think stress is as hard as it seems, I think the studies are easier to remember than for abnormality!

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing either cognitive approach to psychopathology or workplace stress.

ReputationRep:
    God please dont let there be too much on stress!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 6, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.