The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by crystallinedrops
does anyone know when med students get sent their timetables?

You get given a paper timetable on the first day which covers the first week or two. You will also get instructions for logging into blackboard and then you can view your weekly timetable online. Then you get an I-pad and instructions on how to set up the timetable, and that timetable will automatically update and add in all your sessions every term.
Congrats on getting into medicine at Imperial! I am starting my third year tomorrow and I love it here!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Applying: Aerospace Engineering
Extra-Curricular - Nuffield Research Placement. Charity shop (4yrs), Girlguide leader (2yrs), Smallpeice course. I have done a few other things as well eg. My job in an Estate Agents
My predicted are A*AA which is lower than the typical offer, however is there any chance of me still getting an offer?
Original post by elishalh
Applying: Aerospace Engineering
Extra-Curricular - Nuffield Research Placement. Charity shop (4yrs), Girlguide leader (2yrs), Smallpeice course. I have done a few other things as well eg. My job in an Estate Agents
My predicted are A*AA which is lower than the typical offer, however is there any chance of me still getting an offer?

A*s are quite required in maths and physics in Aero at Imperial. You can still apply at the university as your predictions are very close to the minimum requirements, but it is likely that you will be rejected. You can use the UCAS offer rate calculator https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator/ and see if you have a good chance :smile:.
I've already got my A Levels; A*AAB with A Bio and B Chem (will resit chem with A* prediction).C100 Biology doesn't require chemistry so I technically have the required grades (AAA), but I'm worried that 1- I have not exceeded the requirements 2- I've sat one of exams earlier than others.Should I still go for it?
Original post by silver001
I've already got my A Levels; A*AAB with A Bio and B Chem (will resit chem with A* prediction).C100 Biology doesn't require chemistry so I technically have the required grades (AAA), but I'm worried that 1- I have not exceeded the requirements 2- I've sat one of exams earlier than others.Should I still go for it?

I've just finished my Biology degree at Imperial and you should be fine with that :smile:

The only problem I could see is if your A*AA doesn't include another science-based subject or Maths because the requirements are AAA including Biology and another Science or Maths. However, you are still in a good position because you already have your results and you've done Chemistry (only about 60% of my year had Chemistry A Level and it does help in your first year).

In answer to your questions, Imperial won't reject you because you don't exceed their requirements - I was predicted AAA and they still gave me an offer. If they did reject people based on that then they would just raise their requirements! I also have never heard of someone being disadvantaged because they did one exam earlier than the rest of them.

As long as there isn't another university you would rather apply to, then it's definitely worth giving it a go. Good luck! :biggrin:
Does anyone know which subjects this year ask for AS Maths UMS scores? I know Physics does but was wondering if any other departments do. Thanks for the help
For the masters courses in the business school, do they interview everyone who reach the minimum requirements?
Hello, I am a prospective EEE student. I was just looking at the course structure and term dates and I realised that 5 modules are being taught in autumn term which just lasts for 2.5 months!? It sounds crazy that they are able to finish courses like circuit analysis in only 11 weeks. Can any EEE student verify this? Are the modules taught in great detail? Are the exams really really hard or are they completely based on what is taught during lectures? I would appreciate anyone's help.
Reply 228
Hello,

I'm an international student (French) and I've been accepted in Biochemistry under conditions. I have to provide an evidence of my level in English, do you know if the grade I'll get in English course at the baccalaureate is an enough evidence? Or do I have to take a test?

Thank you for your answer
Original post by Mxnon
Hello,

I'm an international student (French) and I've been accepted in Biochemistry under conditions. I have to provide an evidence of my level in English, do you know if the grade I'll get in English course at the baccalaureate is an enough evidence? Or do I have to take a test?

Thank you for your answer

Refer to the guidelines here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/apply/requirements/english/ or just ask your department.
Reply 230
I am an international student and received conditional offer in end March 2018, I have submitted the A Level result (I have obtained my A Level results) to the university and firmed Imperial in early May 2018, but I did not received any email and mail from Imperial again? By the way, due to military service, I applied for admission in 2019. Will imperial send a confirmed offer letter to me again?
Has anyone applied to the design engineering course this year? Would love to talk to someone about the course and how to get in.
Hi all,

I've submitted my application on October 15th as an international applicant to Medical Biosciences. It has a been a month and week after the submission but I haven't heard anything from Imperial!

My predicted grades for IB was 45 with Higher Level in Biology, Chemistry and English Acquisition.

Any thoughts about this?
Original post by hopefulfutureplz
Hi all,

I've submitted my application on October 15th as an international applicant to Medical Biosciences. It has a been a month and week after the submission but I haven't heard anything from Imperial!

My predicted grades for IB was 45 with Higher Level in Biology, Chemistry and English Acquisition.

Any thoughts about this?

Patience my dear! From our experience this is too early for Imperial. My daughter applied for Medical Biosciences last year Oct. 11th and received her offer on Jan. 28th, 10 minutes after midnight!!! Imperial works in mysterious ways! My daughter also was IB, predicted 45, but she is EU status.

If their process has not changed this year, it seems that they will be taking their sweet time to decide. There is also no interview in the process, so there is no hurry for them.

Keep strong and try not to think about it or check your mail all the time. I know that the waiting is killing you now and it can be very distracting, but you can't do anything but wait! What other Unis have you applied to? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I'm sure everything will be fine! :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by EleaGR
Patience my dear! From our experience this is too early for Imperial. My daughter applied for Medical Biosciences last year Oct. 11th and received her offer on Jan. 28th, 10 minutes after midnight!!! Imperial works in mysterious ways! My daughter also was IB, predicted 45, but she is EU status.

If their process has not changed this year, it seems that they will be taking their sweet time to decide. There is also no interview in the process, so there is no hurry for them.

Keep strong and try not to think about it or check your mail all the time. I know that the waiting is killing you now and it can be very distracting, but you can't do anything but wait! What other Unis have you applied to? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I'm sure everything will be fine! :smile:

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I will wait for their reply patiently. I have applied to University of Manchester, Edinburgh and King's College London. I have received an offer from the KCL - 35 points overall.
Original post by EleaGR

By the way, what was her conditional offer like?
Original post by hopefulfutureplz
By the way, what was her conditional offer like?

Her offer from Imperial was 38, 6 in Bio and Chem, 4 in English B.

Congrats, on getting your 1st offer! Good Luck with the others. Edinburgh is also the last one to answer. She got her offer early March (32/5/5). So, you only applied to 4 or have you put anyone of Oxbridge too? I'm just wondering with your predictions...
Original post by EleaGR
Her offer from Imperial was 38, 6 in Bio and Chem, 4 in English B.

Congrats, on getting your 1st offer! Good Luck with the others. Edinburgh is also the last one to answer. She got her offer early March (32/5/5). So, you only applied to 4 or have you put anyone of Oxbridge too? I'm just wondering with your predictions...

I have applied to Cambridge but then I did not register for their admission test so I got denied at last.
Oh, so sorry to hear that. Tricky thing to follow up with all the deadlines of the Cambridge application. I know because my daughter applied too.
Original post by EleaGR
Oh, so sorry to hear that. Tricky thing to follow up with all the deadlines of the Cambridge application. I know because my daughter applied too.

Which university is your daughter going to? Her pathway seems very similar to mine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending