The Student Room Group

My iPhone charger makes the touch screen mess up, anyone had this?

My iPhone is brand new. When it's not charging it works fine, but as soon as I turn the charger on the touch screen goes crazy, it's unresponsive, and if i touch somewhere it does something completely different. When the charger is plugged in but not on it works fine. It doesn't charge at all when plugged in to the computer.
I'm getting it looked at tomorrow but has anyone else had anything similar to this happen to them?

EDIT BY COMMUNITY TEAM

The consensus is that your iPhone charger is the problem.

If you're after a budget, trustworthy charger get the Anker USB fast charger. It's £12.99 and chargers to full in under an hour.

Or the Amazon basics 5w charger here for £11.99.

Alternatively buy the official Apple charger from your nearest Apple Store.

DO NOT buy chargers from unknown 3rd parties.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Buy android, iPhone suck
Reply 2
Is the charger an original? usually fake ones do funny things to your phone. Happened as i used a chinese charger on my nokia lumia and touchscreen didnt work unless i took it out.
Original post by Kateislate
My iPhone is brand new. When it's not charging it works fine, but as soon as I turn the charger on the touch screen goes crazy, it's unresponsive, and if i touch somewhere it does something completely different. When the charger is plugged in but not on it works fine. It doesn't charge at all when plugged in to the computer.
I'm getting it looked at tomorrow but has anyone else had anything similar to this happen to them?

Your charger is faulty.

Is it genuine?
Is it the right voltage?
Reply 4
I think it's genuine. Recently tried a different lead but the same plug bit and it behaved exactly the same. Thinking its the phone with the problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reset you phone, someone must've changed the settings, isit jb by any chance?
Reply 6
You should go back and get it replaced for a new one. Seems like you have a fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I get this with my Motorola Defy +, but not to the extreme that you seem to get - it just isn't quite as responsive when the charger is plugged in (mainly on the unlock screen) and occasionally jumps about. I just have to make sure I'm really clear with my swipes.

xxx
I know exactly what you mean! I was in China about 2 summers ago and I bought a charger there and it messed up the touch screen on my iPhone. I think it's just the charger not being an original or something that's causing the touch screen to be weird, just get a new one. :smile:
Reply 9
Touchscreens are very sensitive to noisy power supplies. It sounds like your charger is a fake -- it is definitely worth looking at buying a new, original charger, as cheaper ones are manufactured to lower standards and can mess up your phone and even explode.
Original post by Kateislate
I think it's genuine. Recently tried a different lead but the same plug bit and it behaved exactly the same. Thinking its the phone with the problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. The problem has to be the charger as per my original post.

I suggest replacing the whole charger.
Reply 11
I have the same problem and it's a new phone with the origionally charger
Reply 12
Only had this problem with a fake charger/cable.

Don't get it on my iPhone 5 though when I use a fake charger although the charger that used to make it glitch exploded (no phone was plugged in when it happened).

If it's glitching out on genuine Apple charger then you should take it back and they'll replace it.
(edited 10 years ago)
my iphone screen is not working, it will work for a bit then after about a minute the screen will stop working and the screen will look very weird and dimish, i have recently got a new charger online not from the apple store, it was a cheep one and the first cheep one i have used, the apple ones keep breaking. Does anyone think its the charger, seems as i have never had an problems with it before.
Reply 14
I Might be able to help. What does the screen look like, as you stated "the screen will look very weird and dimish" and what iphone is it? + Have you dropped it in water - it leaves yellow pale stains inside the screen [toilet or sink] it will always leave yellow stains.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHDcpbGWZ9ietKsXtzFitHXo-rHnQJRGvbNIG3nOKNqFxCRV7kow

Shine a light in the spaces in the picture [link above] and look for red markings - if there isnt any red you're in a better position.
(edited 10 years ago)
In answer to all of these questions, YES it's the fault of the charger. You should NEVER, EVER buy and use fake chargers. People have died because of them exploding and causing fires, been injured and burnt on the hands and face.. all to save a couple of quid.

Whenever I've had iPhones, my original Apple charger has always worked for the whole time I've had the phone - and if it doesn't, the Apple Store will replace it for a genuine one if it's a fault with the item.

DON'T cut corners with electrical items. You wouldn't buy a false branded pair of hair straighteners or chainsaw (hopefully) so don't do it with something that spends a lot of time plugged into the mains and possibly right by your face whilst being plugged in!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
100% true - i had an iphone charger which was only charging a 6300 nokia via usb and bang it exploded - DONT BUY CHINESE GOODS THINKING THEY WORK GOOD - THEY DONT!
This happened to mine but it was because i was using an iPad charger in my iPhone
i have same problem but also different.i charge my phone through usb cable plugged into pc.i used to do like that ,so i use my data on my phone through my pc easily and conveniently.But when the suplly power of pc is out of work,i replace it by new one.That is the time i have got same problem of you .i try buy another one and still that.(two supply power diferrent first one).so i also want to know the reason of problem.i hope somethings i talk can help
i have same problem but also different.i charge my phone through usb cable plugged into pc.i used to do like that ,so i use my data on my phone through my pc easily and conveniently.But when the suplly power of pc is out of work,i replace it by new one.That is the time i have got same problem of you .i try buy another one and still that.(two supply power diferrent first one).so i also want to know the reason of problem.i hope somethings i talk can help

Latest