Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why do footballers get payed more than doctors while doctors go around saving peoples lives, and the footballers bring in hooliganism and racial abuse and all which encourages violence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    Why do footballers get payed more than doctors while doctors go around saving peoples lives, and the footballers bring in hooliganism and racial abuse and all which encourages violence?
    Again i must ask how on earth did you get so many red germs?

ReputationRep:
    Because society is mad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Because society is mad.
    I understand your frustration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Again i must ask how on earth did you get so many red germs?
    Has this got something to do with the thread?

ReputationRep:
    It's to do with their MRP, footballers bring in advertisers, people to fill the stadium and TV licensing. They bring in billions and subsequently receive a proportion of the profits.

Is it right, is a completely different matter. The doctors are paid well, it's usually the nurses who are paid terribly, they work long shifts; sometimes two ina row. They are usually the first to treat a patient.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showthrea...ers+physicists

All will be revealed.
    Obviously, doctors don't know quite as much as physicists so they make more than them.

ReputationRep:
    It's to do with their MRP, footballers bring in advertisers, people to fill the stadium and TV licensing. They bring in billions and subsequently receive a proportion of the profits.

Is it right? Is a completely different matter. The doctors are paid well, it's usually the nurses who are paid terribly, they work long shifts; sometimes two in a row. They are usually the first to treat a patient. Footballers should not receive the millions that they do, after all they are a bunch of thick drop-outs who fall about and act like girls on a football pitch for 90 minutes a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)

Is it right, is a completely different matter. The doctors are paid well, it's usually the nurses who are paid terribly, they work long shifts; sometimes two ina row. They are usually the first to treat a patient.
    Doctors are well paid in terms of nurses pay yes but on the whole they are underpaid. I think nurses are also vastly underpaid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    They are usually the first to treat a patient. Footballers should not receive the millions that they do, after all they are a bunch of thick drop-outs who fall about and act like girls on a football pitch for 90 minutes a week.
    I agree they run pointlessly on the pitch for 90 minutes while promoting racial abuse and all on the streets, aint it BAD!?

ReputationRep:
    there is little supply of top quality footballers in the world (top division) whereas there are big supply of top quality doctors in the world. By the way in general, doctors get paid much more than an average footballer. Doctors get paid alot in many countries (not so much in the uk), majority of the footballers earn average wages

ReputationRep:
    Football should be banned. There should just be a salary cap; no footballer to be paid more than £40000pa across the world. I mean, what are they going to do? It's not like they're all suddenly going to swan off and become doctors if they're underpaid; they'd just have to take it....

i'm aiming for a salary of £65,000 after i have graduated but the only way that will happen is if someone buys me a practice

You could have picked a better example. Doctors are paid loads.

ReputationRep:
    Because footballers are sexy!

ReputationRep:
    Drs aren't paid loads. They're 'comfortable', but no-one goes into medicine for the money. Medicine is a way of life, not simply a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyabbott)
    Drs aren't paid loads. They're 'comfortable', but no-one goes into medicine for the money. Medicine is a way of life, not simply a job.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Because doctors are boring, and Thierry Henry is not.

(Original post by G4ry)

have to disagree massively there
    I agree nurses are horrendously underpaid, but so are doctors.
    Yes, doctors are well paid compared to some jobs, but honestly, the average doctor earns about 30 grand a year.
    Thats compared to decades ago when doctors were amongst the highest paid professionals. their pay has stayed pretty static really, as have nurses and teachers.

You also miss the fact that doctors often work double shifts too, and they have the burden of responsibility alot more than a nurse does.
    last point, treating a patient in terms of a triage nurse is mainly a mop up job. same can't be said for docs
    J

(Original post by Harry Potter)
    You could have picked a better example. Doctors are paid loads.
    No, they aren't.
    I have friends who's starting pay for their jobs next year is going to be the same as what ill get some 5 years after finishing clinical school - ie some 8 years away from now. By which time i'm sure they'll have progressed far past my pay.
    It's temptimg to pack up and go abroad :|
    J

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.