Turn on thread page Beta

Footballers And Doctors watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    its all very well saying that ppl can be saved by doctors but if their life is boring what is the point in living, football provides entertianment for millions
    But footballer's pay could be capped. I don't think any of them deserve to earn what they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyabbott)
    well if you're dead, you won't be able to enjoy football
    :eek: no football in heaven?

ReputationRep:
    Well not having ever been, it's hard to say - but i think you should prepare yourself for the possibility that there isn't. At least you'll then be pleasantly surprised if there is.

ReputationRep:
    but i think you should prepare yourself for the possibility that there isn't. At least you'll then be pleasantly surprised if there is.
    same goes to the idea of heaven

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    But footballer's pay could be capped. I don't think any of them deserve to earn what they do.
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Yeah, maybe their pay should be reduced, but you have to remember that the average profession of football only lasts about 12 years before retirement(from an earlier post), so they should be payed quite a lot; otherwise they wont have much to live on for the rest of their lives....

ReputationRep:
    Think about it this way how long does it take a doctor to be a doctor and how long does it take a footballer to be a footballer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerline)
    Yeah, maybe their pay should be reduced, but you have to remember that the average profession of football only lasts about 12 years before retirement(from an earlier post), so they should be payed quite a lot; otherwise they wont have much to live on for the rest of their lives....
    But not as much as they are. Beckham earn over 3 million a year, I'm sure he will be rather comfortable in his old age.

And as for lesser footballers - why can't they do what everyone else does when they lose their job - find a new one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    Think about it this way how long does it take a doctor to be a doctor and how long does it take a footballer to be a footballer?
    it probably takes less time to become a world-class doctor than becoming a world-class footballer on average, but this is not important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    it probably takes less time to become a world-class doctor than becoming a world-class footballer on average, but this is not important
    And how many world class docotors are there?
    How many world class footballers are there?

ReputationRep:
    Well footballs are celebs while doctors remain quite low profile.. very hard to judge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)
    Well footballs are celebs while doctors remain quite low profile.. very hard to judge.
    Is that fair?

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a "slight" difference between training to become a footballer and training to become a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a "slight" difference between training to become a footballer and training to become a doctor.
    im off the track and dont have a clue where we are heading with this carry on this discussion without me

That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard
    J

ReputationRep:
    And what do you base that on?

(Original post by foolfarian)
    No, they aren't.
    I have friends who's starting pay for their jobs next year is going to be the same as what ill get some 5 years after finishing clinical school - ie some 8 years away from now. By which time i'm sure they'll have progressed far past my pay.
    It's temptimg to pack up and go abroad :|
    J
    Would I be right in saying that most consultants can earn £100 000-200 000 a year, with a bit of private work? If so, they are paid loads compared to teachers or university academics. They're also garunteed a job and can pretty much work anywhere in the world that they want to.

(Original post by Harry Potter)
    Would I be right in saying that most consultants can earn £100 000-200 000 a year, with a bit of private work? If so, they are paid loads compared to teachers or university academics. They're also garunteed a job and can pretty much work anywhere in the world that they want to.
    No, you would be very wrong.
    the average consultant will make some 50k-70k.
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    Is that fair?
    lol the idea of celebrity doctors is quite worrying

"HI DOCTOR NICK!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    lol the idea of celebrity doctors is quite worrying

"HI DOCTOR NICK!"
    there are doctors with celebrity status, not in england though

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.