Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I decided to make a new thread for the OCR B Key Geographical Themes exam on the 12th June as the other ones are all over the place!

Please use this thread to post revision resources, revision tips, advice, useful websites etc.

A teachers forum for the OCR B Specification - http://ocrbgeog.ning.com/
    Useful revision site - http://www.geographypods.com/

The Three Themes the paper is testing
    Rivers and Coasts
    Natural Hazards
    Economic Development

ReputationRep:
    Specific page for the geographypods revision page is here:

http://www.geographypods.com/termina...june-2013.html

Good idea to start the new thread. The other one is looking a bit messy.

Good luck with the revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geographypods)
    Specific page for the geographypods revision page is here:

http://www.geographypods.com/termina...june-2013.html

Good idea to start the new thread. The other one is looking a bit messy.

Good luck with the revision
    For the location of industry case studies do you talk about all 4 industries or just 1?

Also is Turkey an LEDC because I have it as my LEDC tectonic event case study.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You'll need to be prepared to talk about any of the four types of industry, their locational factors etc

I would personally class Turkey as an NIC. It is certainly a 'Middle Income' country and has considerable purchasing power nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    You'll need to be prepared to talk about any of the four types of industry, their locational factors etc

I would personally class Turkey as an NIC. It is certainly a 'Middle Income' country and has considerable purchasing power nowadays.
    Would it be okay to class it as a LEDC in 2011, when the earthquake took place?

ReputationRep:
    In my CGP book, one of the case studies is about South China and within it, the Pearl River Delta because of its development and environmental impacts, do we need to learn this one? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Many of my friends are only revising 1 of the 2 sections from each topic (ie. only Coasts from 'Rivers and Coasts' topic). This massively cuts down on revision load/stress but is there a chance Coasts might not come up or something?
    Basically is this recommended or not?

Also, has the resource booklet been released yet? If not when will it?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Also, are we meant to learn about a river and it's flooding management? Or just it's profile? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have a question. Are you guys revising all of natural hazards and case studies for both tectonic and climatic hazards or just doing on part because in the exam they always give you a choice. Same with rivers and coasts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    The Three Themes the paper is testing
    Rivers and Coasts
    Natural Hazards
    Economic Development
    Are you sure these are right? As my (school-made) revision guide for the 'B People and the Planet' has Population Dynamics, Consuming Resources, Living Spaces, Making A Living, Changing Cities and Development Dilemmas, but my 'A Restless Earth' looks more like what you said.

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone revising for the two Geography exams? Cos i know most of the stuff, but i havent memorised any of the Case Studies etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan69)
    x
    (Original post by swentz4)
    Many of my friends are only revising 1 of the 2 sections from each topic (ie. only Coasts from 'Rivers and Coasts' topic). This massively cuts down on revision load/stress but is there a chance Coasts might not come up or something?
    Basically is this recommended or not?

Also, has the resource booklet been released yet? If not when will it?
    Thanks!
    DO NOT DO THIS!

OCR have specifically said they reserve the right to use 2 coast questions or 2 river questions.

You don't get to see the resource booklet until the day of the exam, it's not like SDME.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l1lvink)
    Are you sure these are right? As my (school-made) revision guide for the 'B People and the Planet' has Population Dynamics, Consuming Resources, Living Spaces, Making A Living, Changing Cities and Development Dilemmas, but my 'A Restless Earth' looks more like what you said.
    I think that might be OCR A. The ones I said are OCR B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    DO NOT DO THIS!

OCR have specifically said they reserve the right to use 2 coast questions or 2 river questions.

You don't get to see the resource booklet until the day of the exam, it's not like SDME.
    Thanks for warning! But my school didn't teach us climatic hazards in much detail at all, does that mean i need to learn about them before the exam? Also, with the tectonic hazard case study, will they specifically ask for a Volcano or Earthquake (i.e. do i need to learn about Kobe earthquake and Mt St Helens eruption or just one of them)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    DO NOT DO THIS!

But can you with Natural Hazards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan96)
    But can you with Natural Hazards?
    I'm not sure, you could try asking @geographypods as he is a teacher

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    I'm not sure, you could try asking @geographypods as he is a teacher
    Are you revising both parts though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan96)
    Are you revising both parts though?
    Yep, I want to have many options for the shorter questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    Yep, I want to have many options for the shorter questions
    Geo is just complete memory... so boring.

ReputationRep:
    how do you revise for the SDME on june 4th all shook up. I have no clue

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.