The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Specific page for the geographypods revision page is here:

http://www.geographypods.com/terminal-exam-12th-june-2013.html

Good idea to start the new thread. The other one is looking a bit messy.

Good luck with the revision
Reply 2
Original post by geographypods
Specific page for the geographypods revision page is here:

http://www.geographypods.com/terminal-exam-12th-june-2013.html

Good idea to start the new thread. The other one is looking a bit messy.

Good luck with the revision

For the location of industry case studies do you talk about all 4 industries or just 1?

Also is Turkey an LEDC because I have it as my LEDC tectonic event case study.

You'll need to be prepared to talk about any of the four types of industry, their locational factors etc

I would personally class Turkey as an NIC. It is certainly a 'Middle Income' country and has considerable purchasing power nowadays.
Reply 4
Original post by geographypods
You'll need to be prepared to talk about any of the four types of industry, their locational factors etc

I would personally class Turkey as an NIC. It is certainly a 'Middle Income' country and has considerable purchasing power nowadays.

Would it be okay to class it as a LEDC in 2011, when the earthquake took place?
Reply 5
In my CGP book, one of the case studies is about South China and within it, the Pearl River Delta because of its development and environmental impacts, do we need to learn this one? thanks :smile:
Reply 6
Many of my friends are only revising 1 of the 2 sections from each topic (ie. only Coasts from 'Rivers and Coasts' topic). This massively cuts down on revision load/stress but is there a chance Coasts might not come up or something?
Basically is this recommended or not?

Also, has the resource booklet been released yet? If not when will it?
Thanks!
Reply 7
Also, are we meant to learn about a river and it's flooding management? Or just it's profile? Thanks
Reply 8
I have a question. Are you guys revising all of natural hazards and case studies for both tectonic and climatic hazards or just doing on part because in the exam they always give you a choice. Same with rivers and coasts.
Reply 9
Original post by gomg

The Three Themes the paper is testing
Rivers and Coasts
Natural Hazards
Economic Development

Are you sure these are right? As my (school-made) revision guide for the 'B People and the Planet' has Population Dynamics, Consuming Resources, Living Spaces, Making A Living, Changing Cities and Development Dilemmas, but my 'A Restless Earth' looks more like what you said.
Reply 10
How is everyone revising for the two Geography exams? Cos i know most of the stuff, but i havent memorised any of the Case Studies etc...
Reply 11
farhan69
x

Original post by swentz4
Many of my friends are only revising 1 of the 2 sections from each topic (ie. only Coasts from 'Rivers and Coasts' topic). This massively cuts down on revision load/stress but is there a chance Coasts might not come up or something?
Basically is this recommended or not?

Also, has the resource booklet been released yet? If not when will it?
Thanks!

DO NOT DO THIS!

OCR have specifically said they reserve the right to use 2 coast questions or 2 river questions.

You don't get to see the resource booklet until the day of the exam, it's not like SDME.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by l1lvink
Are you sure these are right? As my (school-made) revision guide for the 'B People and the Planet' has Population Dynamics, Consuming Resources, Living Spaces, Making A Living, Changing Cities and Development Dilemmas, but my 'A Restless Earth' looks more like what you said.

I think that might be OCR A. The ones I said are OCR B.
Reply 13
Original post by gomg
DO NOT DO THIS!

OCR have specifically said they reserve the right to use 2 coast questions or 2 river questions.

You don't get to see the resource booklet until the day of the exam, it's not like SDME.

Thanks for warning! But my school didn't teach us climatic hazards in much detail at all, does that mean i need to learn about them before the exam? Also, with the tectonic hazard case study, will they specifically ask for a Volcano or Earthquake (i.e. do i need to learn about Kobe earthquake and Mt St Helens eruption or just one of them)?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by gomg
DO NOT DO THIS!

But can you with Natural Hazards?
Reply 15
Original post by Farhan96
But can you with Natural Hazards?

I'm not sure, you could try asking @geographypods as he is a teacher

geographypods
x
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by gomg
I'm not sure, you could try asking @geographypods as he is a teacher

Are you revising both parts though?
Reply 17
Original post by Farhan96
Are you revising both parts though?

Yep, I want to have many options for the shorter questions
Reply 18
Original post by gomg
Yep, I want to have many options for the shorter questions

Geo is just complete memory... so boring.
Reply 19
how do you revise for the SDME on june 4th all shook up. I have no clue

Latest