The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My teacher only told us to do secondary and quarternary looks like i'll have to go back and revise all i guess
But what if they ask you to write about one specific sector like secondary how can you write a whole case study on that?
Reply 181
Original post by JayTee97
The mark scheme is on this pdf with the specimen, under the exam..check it...

I'm pretty sure that's the specimen paper for the old spec, it says 2008 at the bottom of the page. Fairly sure this is the new spec specimen and mark scheme:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/68557-unit-b563-key-geographical-themes-higher-tier-specimen.pdf
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Yeah I know all the sectors, why haven't you done primary or tertiary? Had to do my field work on the tertiary sector.

My teacher only told us to do secondary and quarternary looks like i'll have to go back and revise all i guess
But what if they ask you to write about one specific sector like secondary how can you write a whole case study on that?
Does anyone know which case studies or 8 mark questions are likely to come up? I think that a LEDC will come up for river and coast but what about for tectonic and climatic hazards and economic development?
Original post by sugarsweet96
Does anyone know which case studies or 8 mark questions are likely to come up? I think that a LEDC will come up for river and coast but what about for tectonic and climatic hazards and economic development?

for tectonic i think that ledc might come up as well as in 2012 it was medc but you never know so best to do them all
Original post by forzajanie

Theres a case study on south-east brazil thats secondary but it's unlikely they'll give it on a specific sector. Maybe a globalisation case study or environment case study
Reply 186
Any Ideas how many marks I'd need on this exam for a C overall?

I got:
SDME: 44/60
Coursework: 39/60
Original post by forzajanie
A climatic hazard In medc could be hurricane katrina in USA. Are you doing both climatic hazard and tectoni or just one?
Due to the stress and lack of time I am just doing tectonic

I'm just doing tectonic :smile:
Reply 188
Is there an LEDC case study for coasts - my teacher says not.

Some pupils in my class are just going to learn either volcanoes or earthquake case studies alone - this seems risky, does the Q often specify which?

Also For industry I have just learnt Nike, Toyota & Briefly looked at pearl Delta river - is this ok?
please help !
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi guys I know this would be a rough estimate but how well do you think i will need to do on this paper to get an a* overall?

I got 60/60 for coursework and 54/60 for SDME

Reply 190
I have learnt 14 case studies in total.

LEDC Floods
MEDC Floods
River and its landforms
Coastal area and its landforms
Coastal Management

LEDC Aid
MEDC Industry Location
LEDC Industry Location
Conflict between industry/environment
Multi-national company

MEDC Tectonic Hazard
LEDC Tectonic Hazard
MEDC Climatic Hazard
LEDC Climatic Hazard

Anyone know if theres anything I'm missing?
(edited 10 years ago)
What is your medc industry location?
Reply 192
Original post by MMB07
Any Ideas how many marks I'd need on this exam for a C overall?

I got:
SDME: 44/60
Coursework: 39/60

you'd need a ums of 61/120 to get a C
Reply 193
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
What is your medc industry location?

Mine? Bianchi Bicycles, Treviglio, Italy.
Reply 194
i got 60 on sdme and 56 on coursework any idea what i need for astar?
Reply 195
for a coast case study why would they ask you about a coast and its landforms surely thats for the normal 4 mark questions
Reply 196
Original post by AnnieLS
I got 54 on coursework & SDME and I need 108 to achieve A*

I'm not sure if that's raw marks?
What is the exam out of?

That's UMS marks. I think the paper is out of 83/4? (Raw Marks)
Reply 197
Original post by Simplyme_1
I'm getting stressed can we just learn the natural hazards part and not climatic hazards....

Climatic and Tectonic Hazards are part of the Natural Hazards topic

Climatic Hazards are Natural Hazards

Tectonic Hazards are Natural Hazards

It's between Climatic and Tectonic Hazards.
Reply 198
Original post by Nerd44
i got 60 on sdme and 56 on coursework any idea what i need for astar?

I think you need about 100 UMS marks which equates to a high A
Reply 199
Can we re-take this exam?

Latest

Trending

Trending