The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SourSkittles
What were the grade boundaries for the SDME? All I know is that I got 47 and B. what was it to get a B and an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 381
Original post by dwright123
thx im just fealing depressed since i think it went bad and i really wanted an a*

God I need to scream.
Reply 382
Original post by dwright123
i was just wondering would it count as putting down 4 points though?

It shouldn't do. Just like English when you make your point, use evidence to back it up then after you start rambling on a bunch of emotions and deepful feelings from that one line that could easily link off into something else

(^I didn't end with any punctuation as I felt either the full stop or the exclamation mark would be too harsh or give off the wrong emotions)

Also, sorry for not replying asap - I couldn't answer at first (and second) glance.
Original post by Millerman
Wow that's good. Did a lot of people in your year get those grades?Posted from TSR Mobile
Errm a couple of other people got that but quite a lot got 56+ on both parts I think
Reply 384
So I did the q6 case study and I talked about coca cola in India, with at least 3 developed points. But not many people seemed to think it was this one. Anybody know if this is right, and how many marks I may have lost if wrong?
Original post by misslily98
Errm a couple of other people got that but quite a lot got 56+ on both parts I think

People in your school must be pretty clever then. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 386
People in your school must be pretty clever then. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh like tons of people in my school got like near 58 in the cw and a lot got 60 and they were not very smart. I just think OCR arent bothered so teachers take advantage of it.
Reply 387
Original post by ameliaa1
I also talked about the dorset coastline headland landform, i mentioned how a cove, arch, stack and stump form and stuff but i didn't mention the names of them except durdle door :/ do you think that matters?

I think you should have had a few more place specific detail to get full marks (e.g. Old Harry, Old Harry's wife, Handfast Point, Purbeck coastline of Dorset) but I'm sure you've got at least 6 or 7 out 8. I know it's out of 11 in total including spelling, punctuation and grammar but I'm just taking the content which was out of 8, mainly because I don't know what your grammar was like.
And also, because it was a harder question to get a lot of place specific detail in, they may be more lenient :smile: I know a lot of people who did rivers had basically no place specific detail.
Original post by Farhan96
Tbh like tons of people in my school got like near 58 in the cw and a lot got 60 and they were not very smart. I just think OCR arent bothered so teachers take advantage of it.

Yeah buy they're moderated so must have been good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 389
Original post by ThatGirlx
Oh phew! Similar to what I wrote but with Haiti :wink:

Yeh I tried to pin point other factors that provided hindrance other than money. Obviously my answers adresses that fact that these could be addressed with investment but each provide their own individual hinderance/ problem with regards to coping with a future disaster.
Yeah buy they're moderated so must have been good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

people either did really well or really badly so..
Reply 391
Original post by AparnaX
I think you should have had a few more place specific detail to get full marks (e.g. Old Harry, Old Harry's wife, Handfast Point, Purbeck coastline of Dorset) but I'm sure you've got at least 6 or 7 out 8. I know it's out of 11 in total including spelling, punctuation and grammar but I'm just taking the content which was out of 8, mainly because I don't know what your grammar was like.
And also, because it was a harder question to get a lot of place specific detail in, they may be more lenient :smile: I know a lot of people who did rivers had basically no place specific detail.

Okay good, phew, that's alright, I was happy about the spag because I'm ok with language, so hopefully I'll get a few extra marks :smile:
Reply 392
I think I flopped this, even though I revised a lot for it.

I want a solid B in this exam, and this paper was out of 84 (Themes paper). Can someone give me a rough estimation of what it would take to get a B in this paper.

I think I did much better in the SDME paper.
Reply 393
Original post by JST1
I think I flopped this, even though I revised a lot for it.

I want a solid B in this exam, and this paper was out of 84 (Themes paper). Can someone give me a rough estimation of what it would take to get a B in this paper.

I think I did much better in the SDME paper.

For a B last year, it was 61%. Since this year was easier I would say about 65%. This equates, with the new SPAG marks, to 55/84.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
Original post by SH0405
For a B last year, it was 61%. Since this year was easier I would say about 65%. This equates, with the new SPAG marks, to 55/84.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it wasn't that bad a paper. Case Studies should've been a little better in my opinion. Otherwise, I've got an A in the CA, and hope to get an A/A* in SDME. Hopefully that should equate to a B overall, although I genuinely want an A, to prove that I am capable of doing A Level Geography.
Original post by JST1
Yeah it wasn't that bad a paper. Case Studies should've been a little better in my opinion. Otherwise, I've got an A in the CA, and hope to get an A/A* in SDME. Hopefully that should equate to a B overall, although I genuinely want an A, to prove that I am capable of doing A Level Geography.

How come you don't know your SDME results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 396

Posted from TSR Mobile

I re-sat mine, because I got an appalling, below-par D last year (Ageing Population - did not revise so the result reflected by work). This year's issue (All Shook Up - Earthquakes) was much more interesting than last year's and I hope that I got a very good grade this year, as I genuinely believe that I've put in 1000 times more effort into Geography this year than last year.
Reply 397

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then again, last summer's SDME was also interesting, and I think that if I'd have put in more effort, then I would've obtained a good grade. However, that's just the fine line between laziness and hard work.
Original post by JST1
Then again, last summer's SDME was also interesting, and I think that if I'd have put in more effort, then I would've obtained a good grade. However, that's just the fine line between laziness and hard work.

Yeah i didn't particularly like last years. I got 52 but was kinda hoping for an A* in it. Although this exam seemed pretty good and the coursework went well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If i need 103 UMS what raw mark could i get in this concidering this exam compared to last year was significantly harder

Latest

Trending

Trending