WJEC AS IT1 Exam - 3rd June 2013

Watch this thread
IHateRevisionOK?
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi, Just thought I'd start a thread for all those sitting the WJEC ICT exam next month. This is for the AS exam. I don't know whether many people do this exam as its on the welsh board but hey-ho...

How's everyone feeling? All ready?

Posted from TSR Mobile
amazingggg
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
I need to start revising :/ LONG
ttreb
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Terrrrrrrrified.
LeeRoss96
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ttreb)
Terrrrrrrrified.
Me too! There is so much to remember, we're all f*cked.
IHateRevisionOK?
Rep:
I've started my revision today..

Does anyone have a topic tracker for this subject with past questions asked. I've seen some for other subjects but never this one..

Posted from TSR Mobile
ttreb
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by IHateRevisionOK?)
I've started my revision today..

Does anyone have a topic tracker for this subject with past questions asked. I've seen some for other subjects but never this one..

Posted from TSR Mobile
You've only started today?! Wow i wish i could be so chilled. Yeah just go onto the WJEC website and search for IT1 past papers. They are your best friend for this exam. (The only way of getting a good grade in WJEC ICT exams is by reiterating the mark schemes onto your exam paper).
ttreb
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LeeRoss96)
Me too! There is so much to remember, we're all f*cked.
Haha too true. I've finished pretty much all of my revision for it but its section B i'm tackling now. Why they make us bring a spreadsheet to the exam i'll never know. Bit of a ballache if you ask me.
IHateRevisionOK?
Rep:
(Original post by ttreb)
You've only started today?! Wow i wish i could be so chilled. Yeah just go onto the WJEC website and search for IT1 past papers. They are your best friend for this exam. (The only way of getting a good grade in WJEC ICT exams is by reiterating the mark schemes onto your exam paper).
Yeah, well I did a load of revision at Easter with some past papers but I haven't been doing much in the exam period cause obviously I've had other exams to focus on!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
_katielouise
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
sigh i hate ICT revision.
LilBethan
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I sat this exam in January, the advice I can give you is do practise papers over and over and over again. Memorise the mark schemes, all the questions are repeated. I did it and got 96/100. Trust me it works
ttreb
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LilBethan)
I sat this exam in January, the advice I can give you is do practise papers over and over and over again. Memorise the mark schemes, all the questions are repeated. I did it and got 96/100. Trust me it works
Everyone who has passed this exam with a good grade has told me exactly this, so its all i have been doing but i'm really worried about the context marks so like giving an example, and i'm really scared the big question will be on something they've never put in the mark-scheme
eversonlloyd6
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Any idea what will come up, will it be similar or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ttreb
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by eversonlloyd6)
Any idea what will come up, will it be similar or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm thinking - Data,info & knowledge
CAD/CAM
Business (question 8 - so like JIT, stock control, barcodes)
Advantages of spreadsheets (section B first question)
health systems e.g. sensors and blood tracking
eversonlloyd6
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ttreb)
I'm thinking - Data,info & knowledge
CAD/CAM
Business (question 8 - so like JIT, stock control, barcodes)
Advantages of spreadsheets (section B first question)
health systems e.g. sensors and blood tracking

i also think that ICT in school has a chance of coming up as it was not in the jan exam
_katielouise
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Does anyone know how much the spreadsheet questions are worth out of the whole paper? Really not confident with it and hoping I can get high marks on the theory side of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
eversonlloyd6
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Section B is out of 20 marks I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
ttreb
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by eversonlloyd6)
i also think that ICT in school has a chance of coming up as it was not in the jan exam
Hope it's registration methods!
ttreb
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by _katielouise)
Does anyone know how much the spreadsheet questions are worth out of the whole paper? Really not confident with it and hoping I can get high marks on the theory side of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think it's out of 16! They are harsh with section B its ridiculous
_katielouise
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Thank you! They are! That's why I'm concentrating so much on the theory side to boost up the grade as much as I can :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
kate1503
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I am resiting this for the second time tomorrow and both other times I have just revised using the book which hasnt worked! so this time I am using the past papers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (41)
26.8%
As I expected (49)
32.03%
Harder (56)
36.6%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.58%

Watched Threads