The cheapest alcohol in relation to its strength?

Watch
blair turgott
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have 2 questions:

1) If you choose to drink with the aim of getting drunk without spending too much money, which:
A) Strong drink would you choose (things like vodkas, rums, gins etc)
B) Lighter drinks that you have in higher quantities would you choose (beers, ales, lagers etc)

2) Where is the cheapest place to get alcohol? I.e which supermarket is the best? I will pre-drink from the stuff I bought at the supermarket, pre-drink more at a cheap weatherspoons (also do you know any good/cheap deals in spoons while i'm at it), and then go to a club.
hollywoodbudgie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by blair turgott)
and then go to a club.
...And then wake up to this, but in your bed?

Spoiler:
Show

:teehee:
Truflais
Report 7 years ago
I have 2 questions:

1) If you choose to drink with the aim of getting drunk without spending too much money, which:
B) Lighter drinks that you have in higher quantities would you choose (beers, ales, lagers etc)

2) Where is the cheapest place to get alcohol? I.e which supermarket is the best? I will pre-drink from the stuff I bought at the supermarket, pre-drink more at a cheap weatherspoons (also do you know any good/cheap deals in spoons while i'm at it), and then go to a club.
I personally like sambuca or wine to get drunk. Works out relatively cheap either way. I'd go to Asda, as I find that to be the cheapest.

And I always get 2 cocktail pitchers for £10 from Wetherspoons, good deal.
blair turgott
Rep:
?
(Original post by eliza.anne)
I personally like sambuca or wine to get drunk. Works out relatively cheap either way. I'd go to Asda, as I find that to be the cheapest.

And I always get 2 cocktail pitchers for £10 from Wetherspoons, good deal.
Wine? Cheap? Really!?!!?!

I forgot to mention I'm a guy so cocktails are out of the question.
AhzhaK
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
10 for £8 Carlsberg in Tesco, 440ml per can. I used to buy 3L bottles of Frosty Jacks a couple of years ago, 7.5% for ~£3. Mind you, it's truly revolting and may have went up in price (holy ****, that's weird I was on their website and got a whiff of the stuff from nowhere). Tesco Everyday Value Vodka 70Cl is only £9.70, get a mixer for about £1.50 and three of you will be grand. PS Frosty Jacks is truly disgusting, it's made of turnips and smells of farts. 2L bottles of Strongbow are available for ~£3.50, is slightly better quality drink and can be mixed with blackcurrant diluting juice.
Truflais
Report 7 years ago
Wine? Cheap? Really!?!!?!

Oh haha. Wetherspoons do cheap pints etc but I'm not too knowledgable on that and yeah, Asda do 3 bottles of wine for £10, and I'm usually drunk off 1 bottle or so. So works out reasonably cheap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lunch_Box
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For only £1 per bottle of Vodka, you can get blindness in one eye!
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have 2 questions:

For cheap strong drink I'd go gin and mix it with cheap tonic water.

lighter drink I'd get wine from ALDI or LIDL as they do quite nice wine far cheaper than anywhere else - you can get palatable wine for as little as 2.50 quid a bottle.
IlexBlue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can almost hear your liver crying out in horror.
blair turgott
Rep:
?
So far the best deals I have found are:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-5A...Detail&id=2633

and

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-5A...Detail&id=2619

but im still looking. So far better than everything tesco has to offer. I can't see asda's products as I don't have an online account.
blair turgott
Rep:
?
Heading over to Lidl tomorrow on the way to the gym and I will pick up either of those deals above. And I will just ask the bartender at 'spoons if there are any deals/special offers they are doing.
tillytots
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My local off liscense does 2 bottles of wine for £5. Absolutely lethal.
Mother_Russia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The problem with cheap alcohol is the burning hell you feel the morning after.

I get large bottles of whatever vodka is on offer, but I stick to the brands like Smirnoff. And it lasts me a while. I do get cheapo wines as well as I'm probably going to feel bad the morning after regardless of the price of wine :P
tom81817
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can often get 20 cans of Fosters/Carling/Carlsberg for £12 or £13 at Morrison’s. So far that’s the best value alcohol I’ve been able to find, apart from cheap ciders like Diamond White and Frosty Jacks which, as someone else pointed out, taste disgusting.
Perlenbachers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Perlenbachers from lidl they are 500 ml beer and cost 89p each and are 5% you can get 18 for 16 pounds , i once had 15 of them and i can tell you thats the most drunk ive ever been woke up feeling like a segull beat my meat
Perlenbachers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tom81817)
You can often get 20 cans of Fosters/Carling/Carlsberg for £12 or £13 at Morrison’s. So far that’s the best value alcohol I’ve been able to find, apart from cheap ciders like Diamond White and Frosty Jacks which, as someone else pointed out, taste disgusting.
Nah bro perlenbachers are the cheapest
username4167860
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It may not be the cheapest but I love the taste which means I'll drink more and get drunker. Guinness, Murphy's, Harp's, Smithwick's.
math42
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
K Cider and Smirnoff are always reasonably cheap.
asdfgkillmenow
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

What the ****??
the beer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Methanol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (32)
8.58%
Confident (49)
13.14%
Indifferent (53)
14.21%
Unsure (93)
24.93%
Worried (146)
39.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise