The Student Room Group

Why do I sweat so much

I seem to sweat copiously under my arms for no apparent reason

I can get out of the shower apply deoderant stick on a t-shirt and within 25-30 minutes (sometimes less) I'll have large sweat patches under my arms

It's really embarrasing and I have to make an effort to always keep my hoodie on just to not show it

example: at the gym for an hour and a half and theres a tiny patch under my arms but just walking down the street to meet friends and i have massive patches by the time i get there it doesnt make sense

im not under any stress or anything apart from worrying about this

I obviously keep coming up with the idea of hyperhidrosis but as far as I know that means it's always really sweaty but in my case the odd time i won't be sweaty at all but then another time I'll be drenched and considering the fact i seem to sweat less when playing sport (under the arms at least) I'm really confused

i went to magaluf for ten days in the summer literally went for about 8 hours walking through the streets in the sun before i even got the slightest hints of a patch in fact people who rarely sweat sweated more than me but im walking down the street on a winter afternoon and im drenched where is the sense in that

i was on work experience in a hospital and the patches were nearly halfway down my side it was a very warm ward to be fair but others didnt seem to get it as bad as me thankfully iwas wearing a white shirt so it wasnt as noticeable

I know I should go to the doctor but I'm pretty embarrassed about it
I never smell at all - just wetness never really any smell

If not hyperhidrosis what could it be

advice, help please - much appreciated

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hi, I had the same kind of problem when i was at secondary school. Wearing a blouse at school was my worst nightmare, literally by the time i got to the bus stop, 10 minutes away, i'd have sweat patched half way down by sides and have to keep my blazer on all day. Similar to you though, i didn't sweat hardly anything during exercise, in the under arms anyway. I found this roll on deodorant stuff which really helped me from Boots. It's called Driclor and it's for excessive perspiration. If you just follow the instructions as it says the sweating does eventually cease. I'm not going to lie and say it was instant because it wasn't. However, it's been about a year and although it still hasn't completely faded by any means i have never got patches half way down my side. If you don't find it working i would urge you to go to your GP i never have and i wish i had the balls to. You don't have to mention it anyone else but if it's getting to a point that it's making you depressed, i wouldn't definitely recommend you to. I hope you have some luck and this gives you some help, even just a little. Good Luck :smile:
Was going to recommend Driclor but the above poster already has! I used to sweat quite a lot when I was younger and I got this from the doctor. It's a roll on you put on like normal at night then wash it off it in the morning. It definitely helped me:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest