The Student Room Group

How's Durham's Psychology department?

Reply 1
Tim Chan

LOL convenient of you to start a thread comparing UCL and Nottingham then start another one asking about Durham. But then again see how that thread turned out ..

Durham isn't bad. Also consistently ranked top within the UK .. it's got a grade 5 as opposed to others who have 5A*s tho .. Look around you can find the league tables somewhere. I'm not quite sure what position they are ranked exactly .. not too fond of Durham cause friends tell me they don't really enjoy it there. But bear in mind its only personal opinions :smile:
Reply 2
blahblah08
not too fond of Durham cause friends tell me they don't really enjoy it there. But bear in mind its only personal opinions :smile:

It could just be the lifestyle and smaller community. I've heard great things about the department there and intend to go myself (Psychology/Philosophy combined) :wink:
Reply 3
blahblah08
LOL convenient of you to start a thread comparing UCL and Nottingham then start another one asking about Durham. But then again see how that thread turned out ..

Durham isn't bad. Also consistently ranked top within the UK .. it's got a grade 5 as opposed to others who have 5A*s tho .. Look around you can find the league tables somewhere. I'm not quite sure what position they are ranked exactly .. not too found of Durham cause friends tell me they don't really enjoy it there. But bear in mind its only personal opinions :smile:

Heres the Guardians Psychology league tables.. Click Me

Just change it about for the Tarrif (I.e with a tarrif of 6, your talking the high entry places, lower tarriff lower entrance grades.. I know about this because Of our Department is posting it everywhere after getting 5th.. :rolleyes: Adults are funny. )
Reply 4
I studied psych at Durham, but graduated a few years ago now (o3). I had a fantastic few years - probably more to do with college and the rest of durham life, but the psych department didn't do anything to spoil it. And my degree has got me where i want to be now.
Reply 5
Would you say the department at Durham has a main focus on biology like other traditional unis? I had a deathly boring lecture there which really put me off as it was supposed to promote the degree!
Reply 6
its good on a thursday, if its not raining and the pie is warm.
Reply 7
Any sensible answers?
Reply 8
Hi,
I really need an opinion. I have got an unconditional offer for MSc in Developmental Psychopathology at Durham, and I need to make a decision ASAP whether to join or not. I'm an international student so time is running out. I have to get there soon. Please tell me how psychology at Durham really is. If Durham isn't good enough, then I'm gonna choose Bangor, which I've heard has a great psychology department. The question here is: Is Durham psychology better than Bangor psychology?

I need quick replies guys! It's urgent. Please help!

Quick Reply

Latest