Turn on thread page Beta

Transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, my father has an iPhone 4S and I've got a 3GS. He asked me if I wanted to swap with him since he doesn't use any of the 4S's extra features, however he's got like 300 contacts which he can't afford to lose. Can anyone suggest the easiest method to transfer his contacts to the 3GS and my contacts to the 4S without any of us losing anything. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I can't recommend the app ConCopy enough. Really really simple. You upload your contacts from one device then you get given a code. Then you open up the app on the other devic and enter the code and select which contacts you want to copy over or just select copy all and download!

I can't remember if you need to download the app on BOTH iPhone however, if you buy the app (£1.50) on one device then just log on to the other iPhone using the same account you used to download it then you have the app on both devices without having to buy it twice.

If you want a video tutorial then here is there official video but you shouldn't need it, it is so simple:

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharif Chowdhury)
    Hi there, my father has an iPhone 4S and I've got a 3GS. He asked me if I wanted to swap with him since he doesn't use any of the 4S's extra features, however he's got like 300 contacts which he can't afford to lose. Can anyone suggest the easiest method to transfer his contacts to the 3GS and my contacts to the 4S without any of us losing anything. Thanks.
    Create a backup of both iPhones in iTunes, then restore the phones. When it asks you which backup you want to restore to, choose the opposite phone. The result is essentially a brain swap, everything that was on the 3GS will be on the 4S and vice versa.

A couple of points:
    A) Look into contact backup software to be safe, issues with backups are rare but can happen. There's one that will be already installed on both your phones if your software is up to date- Apple's iCloud. Check in the settings to ensure contacts are synced, and as soon as your dad puts his Apple ID into the 3GS it should sync his contact list with the new phone.
    B) If you and your dad are on different networks, make sure that both handsets are sim-unlocked. Otherwise you won't be able to use one or both of the handsets without paying an unlock fee.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both

ReputationRep:
    For the later readers, here share a good freeware - Assistant for iOS (Free)
    that can help you transfer iOS files, if you need to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone, you can install and run it on your PC and connect both iDevices, it can help move contacts throung exporting and importing on computer.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by deveauwelle32)
    For the later readers, here share a good freeware - Assistant for iOS (Free)
    that can help you transfer iOS files, if you need to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone, you can install and run it on your PC and connect both iDevices, it can help move contacts throung exporting and importing on computer.
    Please don't unnecessarily bump 5 year old threads

ReputationRep:
    Transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone is not that difficult, cause we can use iTunes, Google account or coolmuster mobile transfer. With their helps, we can easily transfer contacts between two iPhones. Not only contacts, but also text messages, photos, videos, call logs, etc can be also transferred.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    AngryJellyfish Can this be locked please

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.