The Student Room Group

Help - Do u reckon uni will let me swap?

i am feeling so annoyed with myself, as not sure applied to do right course.
I applied to do geog at Keele, Lancaster,Loughbourgh,Leiester, Reading and Liverpool. Got six decent offers.
However liked Keele best and selected online as my 1st choice with Lancaster as my second.
Did jan exams managed to get A in eng lit,A in eng lang and A/B in geog.
My english teacher is keen for me to do eng lit and i agree with her as this is my fav subject.
However when fillin out my uni form, i wasn't feeling confident in eng so i didn't put it as subject to do.
The course at Keele is joint honors and i selected to do geography and human resource management, my query is this - do u reckon if i send them a pleading email they will let me alter my degree to do geography and english instead?
The applications service is processed by one department so would be same people who would be deciding this. I spoke to them at the open day (randomly nothin 2 do with this) and they seemed really friendly.
I have also checked on ucas extra and i am sure it has places left on course i want 2 swap to.
So does anyone have any ideas about what i should do?
Should i send them a pleading email? Do u reckon i will be able to swap?
I hope so as feeling so confused right now, does anyone know how strict uni's are about this? I have heard of people swappin courses when they get there but i think it is better if i start at correct course.
Thanks for any help
Ali
Reply 1
boxersarecool
i am feeling so annoyed with myself, as not sure applied to do right course.
I applied to do geog at Keele, Lancaster,Loughbourgh,Leiester, Reading and Liverpool. Got six decent offers.
However liked Keele best and selected online as my 1st choice with Lancaster as my second.
Did jan exams managed to get A in eng lit,A in eng lang and A/B in geog.
My english teacher is keen for me to do eng lit and i agree with her as this is my fav subject.
However when fillin out my uni form, i wasn't feeling confident in eng so i didn't put it as subject to do.
The course at Keele is joint honors and i selected to do geography and human resource management, my query is this - do u reckon if i send them a pleading email they will let me alter my degree to do geography and english instead?
The applications service is processed by one department so would be same people who would be deciding this. I spoke to them at the open day (randomly nothin 2 do with this) and they seemed really friendly.
I have also checked on ucas extra and i am sure it has places left on course i want 2 swap to.
So does anyone have any ideas about what i should do?
Should i send them a pleading email? Do u reckon i will be able to swap?
I hope so as feeling so confused right now, does anyone know how strict uni's are about this? I have heard of people swappin courses when they get there but i think it is better if i start at correct course.
Thanks for any help
Ali

Send them an email and ask! The worst they can do is say no! Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Agree with ^^. They can't take the original offer away after all.
Reply 3
no, but u don't reckon they will hold it against me. Thinking i am not serious student as i have changed my mind?
If i wanna apply to ucas extra i must decline all my uni offers is that correct? I get the best uni places are gone? so is that not a safe option?
Cheers Ali
Reply 4
boxersarecool
no, but u don't reckon they will hold it against me. Thinking i am not serious student as i have changed my mind?
If i wanna apply to ucas extra i must decline all my uni offers is that correct? I get the best uni places are gone? so is that not a safe option?
Cheers Ali

I seriously doubt they would hold it against you, and even if they did, once they've given you the offer they can't take it away. Going through UCAS Extra and declining some decent offers is by far the riskier option. Seriously, just email them :smile:
Reply 5
email themmm! i emailed a uni to switch mine n they were fine with it, emailed me back within half an hour. what would them being nasty achieve for them? gooooooo on be brave, n dont worry bout things so much. these admissions ppl arent scary nasty ppl y'know!
Reply 6
i changed my courses from fashion management to business studies at 2 of my uni choices......i'm sure you'll be able to if they still have places.
Reply 7
ok, thanks for the advice, calmed me i was so nervous about it. I have written an email but the letter i recieved from them has about four email addresses. I am gonna send it to the one marked undergraduate department and then address it to the person who gave me my offer.
Hopefully she will get it.
Again thanks - is good to hear of other uni's allowin the same thing.
Ali
Reply 8
I'm sure they'll let you as you are a strong candidate, and all administrative staff here are cool :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending