Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

.. I really want to know what this character is. I noticed it in Powerline's avatar, and I've been having a raging debate with someone on whether this is a brownie or a muffin. What is it Powerline???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trinigyal)
    .. I really want to know what this character is. I noticed it in Powerline's avatar, and I've been having a raging debate with someone on whether this is a brownie or a muffin. What is it Powerline???
    oh, my last avatar....im not completely sure, but i think its a brownie.

ReputationRep:
    That is a Fark cliche!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txt_eva)
    That is a Fark cliche!
    a what?!!?

ReputationRep:

See there ^^^^

Also known as Domo Kun

Who/What is Domo-kun?
    Domo-kun is a small brown open-mouthed monster hatched from an egg who lives with a wise old rabbit underground. He really, really likes TV and also enjoys rocking out to Guitar Wolf. Domo-kun is the mascot of NHK's BS2 (a satellite channel; he also appears on BS1). NHK has been producing a series of Domo-kun stop-motion vignettes that exude personal charm and warmth. There is also a wide variety of Domo-kun-related merchandise available, some of which is difficult/impossible to find in the US.
    "Domo" in this case appears to mean more of something (usually to stress "thank you," "excuse me," etc), implying increased politeness. "kun" is used as "Mr." or "Ms." for "younger people or colleagues". He acquired his name in the second episode, when Usajii turns on the TV for him and an announcer says "Domo konnichiwa" ("very much hello").
    According to NHK, Domo-kun is recognized by 90% of Japanese schoolchildren.

[Credits to the Domo-Kun FAQ ]

ReputationRep:

See there ^^^^

Also known as Domo Kun

Who/What is Domo-kun?
    Domo-kun is a small brown open-mouthed monster hatched from an egg who lives with a wise old rabbit underground. He really, really likes TV and also enjoys rocking out to Guitar Wolf. Domo-kun is the mascot of NHK's BS2 (a satellite channel; he also appears on BS1). NHK has been producing a series of Domo-kun stop-motion vignettes that exude personal charm and warmth. There is also a wide variety of Domo-kun-related merchandise available, some of which is difficult/impossible to find in the US.
    "Domo" in this case appears to mean more of something (usually to stress "thank you," "excuse me," etc), implying increased politeness. "kun" is used as "Mr." or "Ms." for "younger people or colleagues". He acquired his name in the second episode, when Usajii turns on the TV for him and an announcer says "Domo konnichiwa" ("very much hello").
    According to NHK, Domo-kun is recognized by 90% of Japanese schoolchildren.

[Credits to the Domo-Kun FAQ ]
    well it wasnt even me that was originally asking, but thanks. Just got that motion clip from a GIF animation site,....

thank you!! Ahhh... I can rest now. You have no idea how long i've been wondering what that thing is.... really cute though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerline)
    a what?!!?
    http://www.fark.com/

and the clicheness... http://www.fark.com/farq/farkisms.shtml

ReputationRep:
    how do you guys know so much about all these different types of characters! ive never seen them in my life before :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What, Domo-Kun, Fark, Lime cat.... goatse (really really DO NOT look that up...) and the harlequin baby (don't look up either *shudders*)

Tis all internet folklore... well aside form Fark thats a website....

ReputationRep:
    my first thought when i saw that was:

MR HANKEY THE CHRISTMAS POO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    how do you guys know so much about all these different types of characters! ive never seen them in my life before :confused:
    i had never heard of a 'fark' before-i just got the GIF clip from a site

ReputationRep:
    goatse (really really DO NOT look that up...)
    Ok, I'm a sucker for doing the opposite if what I'm told, but OH MY GOD!!! :eek: euwww, I looked up Goatse... lol, was quiet unexpected.

ReputationRep:
    yeah... really not nice

Fark is the best website evar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    Fark is the best website evar.

ITS A TRAP!

EDIT: my 200th post!!

ReputationRep:
    ITS A TRAP!

EDIT: my 200th post!!
    Just looked up goatse on the net... is v v v v nasty.
    did not no dat was possible

(Original post by Jaq)
    Just looked up goatse on the net... is v v v v nasty.
    did not no dat was possible
    ok.... i wasn't going to check, but now i'm really curious! what is goatse?

ReputationRep:
    In the nice possible description... people trying to see how far their rear hole can be pulled open.

ReputationRep:
    the pictures are of one guy who is v talented in that area (if thats d right word to use).

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.