Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i cant believe im posting a thread on it but evry time i go into college i have a panic attack in most lessons. my attendance has dropped badly and im already on a warning. i dont know wot happens i suddnly feel sick dizzy and start panacking im mainly scared of collapsing or something and showin myself up.
    does any1 have a clue wot im on about or am i sounding like a nutter :confused:

ReputationRep:
    you are souding like a nutter mate, panic attacks because of what, fear of being in a lesson?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    you are souding like a nutter mate, panic attacks because of what, fear of being in a lesson?
    yea i think thats basically it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    yea i think thats basically it.
    strange, can't help ya there cos i've never been there, ever been to a doctor to sort it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    i cant believe im posting a thread on it but evry time i go into college i have a panic attack in most lessons. my attendance has dropped badly and im already on a warning. i dont know wot happens i suddnly feel sick dizzy and start panacking im mainly scared of collapsing or something and showin myself up.
    does any1 have a clue wot im on about or am i sounding like a nutter :confused:
    I think youre panicking because you dont want to 'show yourself up' as you put it...I think you should realise that youre not 'showing yourself up' and nobody will care if you faint.

ReputationRep:
    i had panic attacks a lot, went to a psychiatrist to get it sorted out - im much better now but sometimes i still do lol

he made me do special exercises every morning to get my blood circulating and my body activated etc.... 15 different exercises to to stimulate each part of my body, from my head down to my feet

and i did this special thing where i'd close my eyes and count down from 10 when i thought one was going to happen and do the special breathing exercises he told me about

ReputationRep:
    strange, can't help ya there cos i've never been there, ever been to a doctor to sort it
    yea he said evry things ok physically which is weird coz ive collapsed at school and now evry time i go i start panacking even if i just feel dizzy.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest Vallium my friend.

ReputationRep:
    was/is she a nervous person??

i'm a very nervous person sometimes - everytime i get off the tram at my stop to go home i get very nervous and breath heavily + get dizzy etc... coz i think i may see my e.x or any of her friends who go to a school near me- who always shout things at me and give me evil looks lol,

but most of the time it's in my mind - i never see them lol i used to get panic attacks every time i got off the tram lol not as much now though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I wouldn't say she's nervous. It just happened at random times, at work, at home, at the shops. Was a bit hairy as she was hyperventilating a lot and nearly passed out.

Obviously its in the mind, its those weird psychological triggers that fire at certain events.
    how come ive heard ure unlikely to pass out during a panick attack as its the fight or flight response but anxiety can be a cause of fainting :confused:

ReputationRep:
    coming in here makes me feel wierd, it's like i'm the only 1 who doesn't have panic attacks, am I in the minority

ReputationRep:
    coming in here makes me feel wierd, it's like i'm the only 1 who doesn't have panic attacks, am I in the minority
    lol im exactly the same. I dont have panic attacks, im such a freak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    lol im exactly the same. I dont have panic attacks, im such a freak
    do you cut yourself, don't knock it till you try it yo, it'd great

seriously this forum makes me feel so not normal

ReputationRep:
    heheheheh wow i'm feeling sorry for you who lack panic attacks! lol

nah, they're a pain - you don't want them lol

we're not condoning panic attacks, just discussing the experience !!

stop being so flippant about things lol

ReputationRep:
    do you cut yourself, don't knock it till you try it yo, it'd great

seriously this forum makes me feel so not normal
    Yes I cut myself, it is a good release, dont knock it till youve tried it dude.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.