Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what is it 4 aqa? just that im half way through the results section and so far have 2013 words :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Isnt it usually 10% over the word limit?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher is a coursework moderator for AQA and says it doesn't matter what the word limit is, because they always read to the end anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The official word limit is 2000 words but I've gone over that. I don't think they check unless there's obviously loads more words than there should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    what is it 4 aqa? just that im half way through the results section and so far have 2013 words :confused:
    For AQA the word limit is 2000 words however i went 500 hundred or so words over. According to my teacher they are fairly strict on the word count but she did say as long as it didn't look very obvious you went over the word limit then it's fine. I personally don't think AQA is strict as i have often gone over the word limit for coursework and still ended up with an A grade. Make sure you stick to the relevant facts and don't repeat yourself. The discussion is quite important so if you have a long introduction cut that down.

p.s: This should be in the academic section - also there are lots of psychology threads regarding the word limit. Good luck with your work x

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't worry about the word limit really. the limit for my AS coursework was 2000 words and mine was 4000 but i got an A. i don't really think that examiners are that bothered as long as you're not rambling and are talking about relavent points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    i wouldn't worry about the word limit really. the limit for my AS coursework was 2000 words and mine was 4000 but i got an A. i don't really think that examiners are that bothered as long as you're not rambling and are talking about relavent points.
    You went 2000 words over the word limit and recieved an A? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    As long as the first 2000 words were worthy of an A there's no reason why she shouldn't've.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    As long as the first 2000 words were worthy of an A there's no reason why she shouldn't've.
    Edexcel penalise you if you go over the word limit that's why i'm struggling with my history coursework.

ReputationRep:
    i got 88/100, i know its weird but i really thought i couldn't cut it down any further without taking out what i saw as relevant information. my teacher in the end said just to leave it because she thought it was really good. when i got my mark though in the summer she did say it was possible that they took 12 marks off for the length...

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel penalise you if you go over the word limit that's why i'm struggling with my history coursework.
    Well I suppose it's important to be succinct

I would offer you some assistance but I haven't studied History since year 9

ReputationRep:
    my psychology was edexcel :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Well I suppose it's important to be succinct

I would offer you some assistance but I haven't studied History since year 9
    Thanks for the offer...what subjects do you study? Have just realised you're a rather elusive figure on UKL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    my psychology was edexcel :confused:
    Then i'm confused. Maybe it's just for A2 History - they extended the word limit from last year but stated that students would be penalised if they went over it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the offer...what subjects do you study? Have just realised you're a rather elusive figure on UKL.
    English Lit and English Lang A-level one year courses... I don't think I'm particularly elusive

ReputationRep:
    My discussion alone was 2000 words!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    My discussion alone was 2000 words!
    For AQA Psychology? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Jah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    Jah.
    My whole report was 3,931 words (not including appendices - there's 6 of them). I got 59/60; if i'd wrote 1,931 words less I would've barely scraped a D!

ReputationRep:
    That's it. I hate my Psychology teacher. I only recieved 53/60 by following her advice. I had to cut so much of my introduction and discussion. :mad:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.