AQA Further Pure 2 (FP2) 6th June 2013 AM Watch

thers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Anyone sitting this paper?

This is the most challenging maths module I will have done. Not done FP4 though so can't comment on that.

I'm hoping the De Moivre's theorem question won't be disastrous (surely it can't be worse as the last question of Jan 12!). And we get an induction summation question. (hopefully not divisibility). Hoping for lots of marks on hyperbolic functions though!
Prepotency
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing this exam. In our school, we do more modules than required, so we can sacrifice one. I'm pretty certain this will be the one I'll throw away because FP3 is so much easier!
thers
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prepotency)
I'm doing this exam. In our school, we do more modules than required, so we can sacrifice one. I'm pretty certain this will be the one I'll throw away because FP3 is so much easier!
Yes FP3 is a joke in comparison to FP2. Every paper on FP3 is basically identical to the previous one and as there are only three main topic areas the questions are a lot more predictable.
singh224
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
On a gap year, doing this exam. hopefully I can do good... does anyone have a jan 2013 paper?
jarasta
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Im doing this paper, I'm finding it quite alright. It's definitely the hardest,but I enjoy it the most because I think it maybe one of the more interesting ones and I sort of like the challenge. FP4 is definitely easier, I can confirm that. I'd even go as far to say, fp4 vectors are easier than c4 vectors. Haven't done fp3 though, but I'd like to over the summer.
Anime Lover
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing this exam. I picked it up as part of AS Further Maths whilst in my A2 year. I'm great with C3 and C4 stuff and I got 90 in FP1 with no revision, but in all honesty I think I'm going to get a U in FP2. I've been doing 4 A2s alongside this course and I've neglected it completely, and I can't even find any revision material to help me. If anyone has any revision notes or good websites you can recommend, could you please put them on here or inbox me? Thanks.
onimusha370
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Need to get atleast 50% in FP2 to have a chance of getting into my firm, not confident about that
thers
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anime Lover)
I'm doing this exam. I picked it up as part of AS Further Maths whilst in my A2 year. I'm great with C3 and C4 stuff and I got 90 in FP1 with no revision, but in all honesty I think I'm going to get a U in FP2. I've been doing 4 A2s alongside this course and I've neglected it completely, and I can't even find any revision material to help me. If anyone has any revision notes or good websites you can recommend, could you please put them on here or inbox me? Thanks.
Have you been through the free AQA online textbook for FP2?

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...2-TEXTBOOK.PDF
Anime Lover
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thers)
Have you been through the free AQA online textbook for FP2?

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...2-TEXTBOOK.PDF
I've worked through some of the stuff from it in class. The problem is that it's so full of mistakes. Thanks anyway
thers
Rep:
?
Does anyone else have the issue of lack of time in FP2 papers? Did the June 12 paper recently and got 61/75 which would have been a B under timed conditions. Had I have had an extra 15-30 mins I would have got close to full marks on it and ended up with an A*.
pwnish3r
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are we given a formula book for fp2 and any other math modules on-wards (fp3, fp4...) ?
I wasn't given a formula booklet for my fp1 exam
thers
Rep:
?
(Original post by pwnish3r)
Are we given a formula book for fp2 and any other math modules on-wards (fp3, fp4...) ?
I wasn't given a formula booklet for my fp1 exam
Yes you are given a formula booklet - it says on the front of the fp2 papers. You should have been given a formula booklet in your fp1 exam though...don't know why you weren't :confused:
smallfish008
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm dreading for this exam
ghobro
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
****ting myself. I literally started learning from the AQA online textbook a week ago and finished yesterday. I need to cram in a lot of revision (i.e. past papers) in the next three days...
thers
Rep:
?
(Original post by ghobro)
****ting myself. I literally started learning from the AQA online textbook a week ago and finished yesterday. I need to cram in a lot of revision (i.e. past papers) in the next three days...
Whatever you do - don't start on the June 2007 or Jan 2012 paper or you will lose motivation - start on June 2010 - a nice easy paper.
Prepotency
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thers)
Whatever you do - don't start on the June 2007 or Jan 2012 paper or you will lose motivation - start on June 2010 - a nice easy paper.
I felt I was okay at this module after getting a string of 85+ UMS scores, then I attempted the January 2012 paper. I didn't even mark it
thers
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prepotency)
I felt I was okay at this module after getting a string of 85+ UMS scores, then I attempted the January 2012 paper. I didn't even mark it
That paper was horrific lol. It was like a slightly harder FP2 paper until the last question...then I scored 3/14 on it. I know how to answer it now though as I asked on this forum before.
Badman1231
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
im planning to do further maths AS next year in my A2 year as I have really enjoyed the maths course so far. Would any of you recommend it?
OmegaKaos
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah some papers are really easy, and then others are painfully difficult. There is no consistency whatsoever, hopefully we gt a relatively good paper this year.

The hardest part for me is definitely proof, if i dont see the manipulation then i cant do anything....
thers
Rep:
?
(Original post by Badman1231)
im planning to do further maths AS next year in my A2 year as I have really enjoyed the maths course so far. Would any of you recommend it?
You will have to do FP1 which isn't very hard (easier than the A2 single maths core modules C3 and C4). You would also have to do another 2 applied units - don't know which ones you'd pick so can't comment on that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (13)
13.13%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (6)
6.06%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (5)
5.05%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (15)
15.15%
Monster Munch (8)
8.08%
Pringles (29)
29.29%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (5)
5.05%
Walkers Beef and Onion (2)
2.02%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (16)
16.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise