Turn on thread page Beta

Can you hold more than one Sixth Form place? For how long? watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I've received offers at two Sith Forms, and I can't make my mind up as to which one to go to. I currently hold a place at both of them- how long can I do this for? Because as it stands, I've told both I can go along to their induction days etc. Can I do this, and only let them know after the results? It's just that I have an unconditional place at the one which is slightly less favourable than the other, so I'd kinda like to keep it. Also, I keep changing my mind as to which one I like better.

Then again, I'm not sure I want to go to both induction days- just the one that I currently like best. Can I keep a place at the other one even if I don't go to the induction day?

Pleas help!!! I'm not sure how this process works. Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugarPlum)
    Basically, I've received offers at two Sith Forms, and I can't make my mind up as to which one to go to. I currently hold a place at both of them- how long can I do this for? Because as it stands, I've told both I can go along to their induction days etc. Can I do this, and only let them know after the results? It's just that I have an unconditional place at the one which is slightly less favourable than the other, so I'd kinda like to keep it. Also, I keep changing my mind as to which one I like better.

Then again, I'm not sure I want to go to both induction days- just the one that I currently like best. Can I keep a place at the other one even if I don't go to the induction day?

Pleas help!!! I'm not sure how this process works. Thanks in advance!
    i think it really depend on the sixth form, but i would have thought you could leave it till after ur results

ReputationRep:
    I held places at two sixth forms - both at the school I attended, and at another I was interested in.

My school didn't know I had applied to go elsewhere (I didn't have to officially apply as they knew I would be fine academically to stay on), and up to GCSE results day I was going to leave and go to the other one. I told my school I was leaving, left them in a state of shock (I had got the top GCSE results in the town), and toddled off to the other 6th form to accept my place.

A couple of days later I changed my mind, and decided that I couldn't leave my friends, and ended up asking if I could return to my school - which was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made.

ReputationRep:
    best results in the whole of nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    Best results in Oldham and Rochdale - I lived in Rochdale, but went to school in Oldham.

I'm at the Uni of Notts.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else any ideas? :confused:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.