The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Physics Paper 2 June

Hey guys
Taking to account of Physics Paper 1 we've already done and reviewing last years paper 2 questions, could you suggest some topic areas of revision?

I was thinking static electricity and transformers most probably

Also ideas about exam technique and wording of answers would be appreciated and useful!

Scroll to see replies

thermal energy, renewable & non renewable energy, sound waves, electric charge and momentum should come up as well as the ones u mentioned
Reply 2
Original post by Safwan Kabeer
Hey guys
Taking to account of Physics Paper 1 we've already done and reviewing last years paper 2 questions, could you suggest some topic areas of revision?

I was thinking static electricity and transformers most probably

Also ideas about exam technique and wording of answers would be appreciated and useful!

probably because they didn't ask about energy and energy resources, that... possibly momentum and more about forces. More on electricity, specifically transformers, static electricity and its uses.

they already asked about radiation quite a bit so hopefully it wont come up again..
Reply 3
-Transformers
-Momentum
-Electrostatics
-Advantages/disadvantages of different energy types
-Electromagnetism + EM induction
Reply 4
this is how i felt after the exam

:mad:

:angry:

:frown:

:s-smilie:

all those emotions at once.
Reply 5
what did people get for the having no lid question?
Reply 6
hot air rises
Reply 7
Original post by TexasThrill

Hot air is less dense so it rises and therefore it wouldn't fall into the cup from above.. Not sure though..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
what about the momentum and moment one?
Original post by omdavis
Hot air is less dense so it rises and therefore it wouldn't fall into the cup from above.. Not sure though..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said the same - but then I cocked that exam up completely.
It doesn't stop thermal radiation though...:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, did you do a bar graph for the colour question (how did you evaluate the colour questions' statement)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TexasThrill

I made a huge mistake and said it's because it didn't evaporate at that rooms temperature - obviously that's untrue now I think about it. :frown::frown:
What do you reckon will be the grade boundaries for this paper and for the whole thing over all? :s-smilie:
Reply 13
I usually have absolutely no trouble with physics, but found this paper really hard! :frown:
Reply 14
All my friends and I found this paper ridiculously hard. Hardly any equations and the whole paper mainly focused on ac current! We thought that because we found the 1P slightly easier that they had to even out the difficulty of the papers?
Reply 15
What do you guys think was the hardest question? I thought the whole paper was hard
The hardest one was the U shaped tube and the lorry question on moments!! Lets discuss what we wrote for the lorry question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Was it convection for the lid? How hot air expands becomes less dense and rises?
Original post by dommarko
Was it convection for the lid? How hot air expands becomes less dense and rises?

I think you're right as some clever guys got that in our class and it makes sense. I wrote about melting and boiling point in that!!!! #crap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by parasagarwal01
I think you're right as some clever guys got that in our class and it makes sense. I wrote about melting and boiling point in that!!!! #crap

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh unlucky, I thought about that at first

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending