products to make skin 'glow'

Watch
just-naomi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,
I always see girls with really lovely looking skin that looks as if it is glowing on the cheekbone area (obviously due to a good highlighter) and I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some tips on what products to use (not too expensive) and how/when to apply them in order to achieve this? also do you use your fingers to apply it?
never used one before so thanks in advance

similar to this
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369639620.548380.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  30.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
.:Twilight:.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by just-naomi)
Hi,
I always see girls with really lovely looking skin that looks as if it is glowing on the cheekbone area (obviously due to a good highlighter) and I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some tips on what products to use (not too expensive) and how/when to apply them in order to achieve this? also do you use your fingers to apply it?
never used one before so thanks in advance

similar to this
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369639620.548380.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  30.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Body shop do a really nice liquid highlighter in a tube (similar to their primer, which I also love) - I THINK it's some where between £9-11. It is a bit pricey, but MAC ones are £20+.
It should last you a long time because you don't need a lot of it. Just squeeze it very gently and use the tiniest smear (or a couple of smears).
Then dot it 2-4 times along each cheek bone and pat it in with your finger tip.
If you want more instructions do a quick YouTube search as there's loads of lovely ladies on there.
stephieg24
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
another idea is the lumi highlighter/primer from loreal =] if you have oilier skin opt for a powder highlighter such as mac soft and gentle, or the one in the sleek contour palettes =] hope this helps
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This will sound ridiculous but consider turmeric powder. (The stuff used in a lot of Asian curries and foods to make them yellow.)
Have a look at this.

I've never tried it but from what I've read over the years it seems to work brilliantly.
Petro_99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
high beam from Benefit- costs around £20 i think but so worth it

I add it to my nose, below the eyes and cheek- works amazing and looks unbelievbly natural!!
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you want something natural to put on your skin then use cocoa butter (or it might be coconut, not sure) mixed with a few essential oils (ok it takes a bit of effort to make something but it's worth it) my mum uses this and people have mistaken her for being in her mid 20s when she's in her mid 50s... and she swears it's because she only uses natural products on her skin.
Laura1234567890
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
mix in mac strobe cream with your foundation or use it as a moisturizer before foundation
seriously you'll be glowing
alternatively you can apply to the cheekbones after makeup like kim kardashian probs did
AnnaEllis
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I use That Gal Primer from Benefit - it works wonders!
Sky_Dream
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mememe -beat the blues is a liquid highlighter much like Benefit high beam only it's much cheaper at £5.50.
n1988
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.fabulousmakeup.co.uk/ I don't know if you have ever heard of them but it is peaches and cream a beauty salon in Liverpool but if you go on that website they have a blog with lots of make up tips but from what I can see from the youtube vids they normally swear by lancome foundation, mac bronzer to do the contour and then mac vanilla pigment to highlight x
OnlyMe!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sky_Dream)
Mememe -beat the blues is a liquid highlighter much like Benefit high beam only it's much cheaper at £5.50.
I second this.

Although if you want something more dramatic (like the picture), try MAC cream colour base (in luna or pearl)
metric
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would recommend three things

1) An illuminating primer. Primers are used for all sorts of reasons, to make make up last longer, to reduce pores and some are for that 'glow'. I really recommend the lumi magique primer by L'Oreal. I did a blog post on it ages ago (my first ever blog post!) with a few more details: http://themakeupdirectory.blogspot.c...primer_16.html

2) A good highlighter. The one Kim K uses is normally by NARS and that's albatross. It's pretty expensive but you can get it off ASOS so maybe wait for them to do a percent off day, or use an NUS card if you have one. I've had albatross since xmas and I've barely made a dent in it. Again I reviewed it and showed in a little more detail how to apply a highlighter. http://themakeupdirectory.blogspot.c...-to-apply.html
Another good one is from Topshop makeup and it's a cream highlighter called glow.

3) Diet and skincare. If you look after yourself your skin will naturally have a bit more of a glow to it. There are lots of skincare products like moisturisers which are meant to bring out your natural glow more such as one by Origins ginzing. But generally eating more fruit and veg will help, as always.

And my final tip is to use a dewy foundation such as Rimmel wake me up, and then apply a mattifying powder such as Rimmel stay matte, but only apply it to the areas you don't want to glow, such as the nose, chin and around the sides of your face. Leave your cheeks free from the powder and this will make them appear to glow more.

Hope that helped.
SnowFlower
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For natural glowing skin I recommend using an oil cleanser to massage your face everyday. Massage in upwards and outwards motions and also massage pressure points on the face to improve blood circulation. The idea of face massage is that it stimulates blood circulation in the face and the result you get is a brighter and glowing face. Do this often and you'll see some awesome results! However, I wouldn't recommend this routine if you're someone who suffers from acne breakouts, particularly due to stress as this can make you break out even more.

Next is makeup, you might want to use a foundation, BB Cream or CC Cream which gives a natural glow. There are many make-up products out there. However, I would be careful if you're someone with oily skin as this type of make-up can make you look extra shiny!

On top of that, highlighter is also another option if you just want that glow on the cheekbones!
LovelyHijabi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You should use highlighters

Posted from TSR Mobile
WonderStudent
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Try the dior shimmer highlighter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feartheunknown
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ANy highlighter applied to the cheekbone. But also on a skincare level you can use GlamGlow it is expensive but it works! they have many to accommodate different skin types (ie exfoliating or moisturising) and its really good to boost radiance of the skin!
Lord Harold
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
uranium, maybe plutonium.
lalaanh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Or you can just use a cream blush, it works wonder. I don't think you really have to invest in an expensive highlighter tbh. Any white shimmer eyeshadow can do the trick.
katiiiiie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I like benefit highlighters, high beam is good if you have pale skin and when I am tanned I like to use watts up, it's amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
RoseBrilliante
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A light-reflective foundation such as L'oreal Lumi Magique. And maybe another light-reflective concealer on the cheekbones like Revlon PhotoReady Concealer. Highlighters such as Topshop Sunbeam Highlighter is nice, if your skin suits warm, golden colours. If you wear tinted moisturiser, consider using some skincare has light-reflective particles in it, so it shows through.
Rule of thumb, if your skin is lighter, you contour more to bring out the cheekbones. If you're darker, you highlight more. (gossmakeupartist ftw)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (159)
15.79%
Uncertainty around my education (163)
16.19%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (96)
9.53%
Isolating with family (69)
6.85%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (37)
3.67%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (88)
8.74%
Loneliness (100)
9.93%
Financial worries (44)
4.37%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (91)
9.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (71)
7.05%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (89)
8.84%

Watched Threads