Durham Tomorrow anyone? Watch

This discussion is closed.
kirstenb
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
hey guys, i know loads of people from here are going to the open day tomorrow, just hope i get to meet some of the people ive been chatting to for so long!
lets make a list thingy so we know whos going!!!

Kirsten
Van Mildert
Psychology

Im sure loads of people will be gettin a bit drunk in the union at the night so i hope i see ppl that are not from my college then!
have a good time everyone!!
katiyakat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Katy
Castle
Geography

Looking forward to it!

ETA: I'm coming from London.
kenkennykenken
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ken
Van Mildert
Natural Sciences

ive been looking forward to it for quite a while now!
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm envious of all of you! Have fun!! When you guys get back, I'm looking forward to hearing your comments.
retrac
Report 15 years ago
Tim
Collingwood
Geography

Maybe ill c ya there!
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mark
Collingwood
Law

I'm slightly concerned because i havn't heard anything back from Collingwood since i sent them my £20 cheque. Anyone else in the same position? Also is there a formal dinner - i've had no info from the at all.
kenkennykenken
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
Mark
Collingwood
Law

I'm slightly concerned because i havn't heard anything back from Collingwood since i sent them my £20 cheque. Anyone else in the same position? Also is there a formal dinner - i've had no info from the at all.

You aren't meant to get a reply, coz they said that you can assume they've got your £20 cheque. Probably coz it'd be too annoying having to reply to everyone about their stay.
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kenkennykenken)
You aren't meant to get a reply, coz they said that you can assume they've got your £20 cheque. Probably coz it'd be too annoying having to reply to everyone about their stay.
cool, might just phone them up tomorrow before i get on the train, i don't want to turn up and look like a complete nob if they didn't get my cheque.
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Kathleen
St Aidens
Psychology

Lets also put where we're coming from - Manchester.
retrac
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
Also is there a formal dinner - i've had no info from the at all.
I e-mailed collingwood a few weeks ago, and they said the meal isnt formal, just a normal one so as to experience what it is like to have a general meal at the college! Just hope they werent winding me up now!
katini
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Kate
Van Mildert
History and Politics

EDIT: I'm coming from London on the 11.30.
shilling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I can't go to the open days...so I have to wait until Easter to have a look around. You'll have to tell me what it's like - especially if you're looking around the English department
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Peapod)
Kathleen
St Aidens
Psychology

Lets also put where we're coming from - Manchester.
ok, i'm from Edinburgh then.
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shilling)
I can't go to the open days...so I have to wait until Easter to have a look around. You'll have to tell me what it's like - especially if you're looking around the English department
Oo I looked around there last year - the English houe is lovely, beautiful gardens.
shilling
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oo I looked around there last year - the English houe is lovely, beautiful gardens.
yay - glad it's nice

I think I've seen you on the Durham21 message boards - was that you, or is there another Peapod? (cute name by the way)

Hope to meet you in October...I'll be in St. Mary's

xxx
Sarah
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shilling)
yay - glad it's nice

I think I've seen you on the Durham21 message boards - was that you, or is there another Peapod? (cute name by the way)

Hope to meet you in October...I'll be in St. Mary's

xxx
Sarah
Yes that is me - and they're all doging my question about sharing a room!
shilling
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes that is me - and they're all doging my question about sharing a room!
Lol, yeah I read that one...
I wouldn't worry though, I can't imagine sharing a room could be that bad really. They try to match people they think will be compatible, don't they? - and if you really hate the person you end up with, I'm sure you could switch rooms somehow...or of course, you could take refuge in St. Mary's and hang out with meee! *grin*
Sarahgrasso
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by retrac)
Tim
Collingwood
Geography

Maybe ill c ya there!
Hiya, I'm going 2 the open day 2moz 2!

Sarah
Collingwood
Geography

I am really looking forward to it now! Wer is everyone from? What are ppl wearing for the meal and for when we go to the union? Retrac wil b sick of me and this question but if ur female are you wearing trousers? Skirt? Dress? How dressy/smart? I don't want to turn up and look totally over/under dressed! C ya all soon xxx
retrac
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sarahgrasso)
Hiya, I'm going 2 the open day 2moz 2!

Sarah
Collingwood
Geography

I am really looking forward to it now! Wer is everyone from? What are ppl wearing for the meal and for when we go to the union? Retrac wil b sick of me and this question but if ur female are you wearing trousers? Skirt? Dress? How dressy/smart? I don't want to turn up and look totally over/under dressed! C ya all soon xxx
Hey, me get sick of this forum? never! Well, dunno if i told u b4, but i am male, so hence wearing trousers!!! As for the meal, im gonna wear whatever - nuthin fancy or anything like that, cos its just a normal meal apparently, not a formal! Im coming up all the way from south london - nice 5-6hr drive (well, my dad is anyway! - saves me the £90 train fare!!!), so should b nice and tired by the time i get there! What time is every1 else gettin to their college then?
kenkennykenken
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
At 3pm. Ill probably just drop my stuff off at the college then take a look round the city
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.81%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (311)
64.39%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.76%
Not yet but I might (63)
13.04%

Watched Threads