The Student Room Group

Betting Discussion (Mark II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swypeyafc
I'm sure the under 8 would of came in, but the bet was void because the game finished after something like 7 innings. So I only got £7.50.back

Posted from TSR Mobile

Better than nowt!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pane123
I got off to a good start with Cable Bay (it drifted a bit, too, which is why I only bet with B.O.G bookies).

I've also taken Dancing Maite and Boy The Bell in the 5:45.

What made you choose Cable Bay?

Also, do you bet level stakes i.e £1 win regardless of price?

Example, if you have 3 horses priced at 3/1, 5/1 and 11/1 @ 1/5 a place, how would you stake? Because it could be easy to make a £3 loss than it could to win anything, unless I'm working it out wrong.
Original post by pl,okmijn
Better than nowt!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but it could of and should of easily been £22 lol. Then I put all that £7.50 on Pakistan to beat south Africa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mr Dandy Man.
Original post by sebotobes
Mr Dandy Man.

First bet of the day goes in @ 6/1.

Easiest £60 today probably, good old Lukey boy does the business.
What made you choose Cable Bay?

Also, do you bet level stakes i.e £1 win regardless of price?

Example, if you have 3 horses priced at 3/1, 5/1 and 11/1 @ 1/5 a place, how would you stake? Because it could be easy to make a £3 loss than it could to win anything, unless I'm working it out wrong.

I only ever bet on the win and it's at level stakes. I often lose races in which I have 4 or 5 selections, so the swings can be brutal.
Original post by pane123
I only ever bet on the win and it's at level stakes. I often lose races in which I have 4 or 5 selections, so the swings can be brutal.

Might try that for the rest of the day, £60 up already so I'll just do £2 stakes on win only's.

Gabrial's Gift, Superior Edge, Emiratesdotcom, Ghostwing in the 3:00.

Let's see how this pans out.
Might try that for the rest of the day, £60 up already so I'll just do £2 stakes on win only's.

Gabrial's Gift, Superior Edge, Emiratesdotcom, Ghostwing in the 3:00.

Let's see how this pans out.

Emiratesdotcom 9/1, Gabrials Gift 11/2, Falasteen 14/1 are my picks.

I give myself a 200 point bank to do this. I can't tell you how horrible the swings can be.
Original post by pane123
Emiratesdotcom 9/1, Gabrials Gift 11/2, Falasteen 14/1 are my picks.

I give myself a 200 point bank to do this. I can't tell you how horrible the swings can be.

Haha I can imagine, especially when you get 3/4 favourites winning in a row, that could be a ball ache.

1pt = £1?
Haha I can imagine, especially when you get 3/4 favourites winning in a row, that could be a ball ache.

1pt = £1?

1pt = £60, but I'm having a bit of a problem getting my bets on anywhere at the moment. Should be sorted with new accounts this week.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by pane123
1pt = £50, but I'm having a bit of a problem getting my bets on anywhere at the moment. Should be sorted with new accounts this week.

Fair enough, is there any way to rid your details completely from an account?

I.e I closed my SkyBet account ages ago, and they won't let me open a new one because they recognise my address or something. I have a new card since then, so it can't be the card?
Fair enough, is there any way to rid your details completely from an account?

I.e I closed my SkyBet account ages ago, and they won't let me open a new one because they recognise my address or something. I have a new card since then, so it can't be the card?

No, I think they are required to keep your details for something like 5 years.

Registering a new card with the same address doesn't work either. I opened new accounts with my mum's card when I stayed at home and they were shut down within minutes.

They will also store cookies on your computer and I've heard they monitor IP addresses, but I don't know if this is true.
Wow all sounds very big brother...
Original post by pane123
No, I think they are required to keep your details for something like 5 years.

Registering a new card with the same address doesn't work either. I opened new accounts with my mum's card when I stayed at home and they were shut down within minutes.

They will also store cookies on your computer and I've heard they monitor IP addresses, but I don't know if this is true.

Ah bollo*ks. Oh well, I'll just keep cash betting for the mean time. I only ever used Stan James, Billy hills and Skybet and they won't let me open accounts.
Ah bollo*ks. Oh well, I'll just keep cash betting for the mean time. I only ever used Stan James, Billy hills and Skybet and they won't let me open accounts.

Well, that was easy.
Original post by jackf1337
Wow all sounds very big brother...

Well they don't like losing and will do as much as they can to keep winners away.
Original post by pane123
Well, that was easy.

Of course I do have my Ladbrokes account open still, I use that when I'm at work but I never leave funds in it.

Indeed, only £2 profit for me as I got him at 5's a little earlier. But profit is profit.
Bold Sniper in the next for me. Unmoothaj has drifted to a nice price so I'll go on that aswell.
Of course I do have my Ladbrokes account open still, I use that when I'm at work but I never leave funds in it.

Indeed, only £2 profit for me as I got him at 5's a little earlier. But profit is profit.

I really need to have accounts with them all or I risk losing out. Not having a Stan James account is a real killer.
Bold Sniper in the next for me. Unmoothaj has drifted to a nice price so I'll go on that aswell.

Zamoyski, Tinghir and Bold Sniper for me.

Quick Reply

Latest