Turn on thread page Beta

OCR GCSE History A:Schools History Project 3rd & 10th June 2013 watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Medicine Through Time and Germany 1919-1945!

Also,does anyone have the past papers from June 2012 or January 2013 please??

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Crime and Punishment and American West.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 'Medicine Through Time' on the 3rd June then 'The Transformation of Surgery' Sources paper on the 19th June . Anyone else doing these papers? I'm with Edexcel by the way?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any predictions for Medicine Through Time/Germany?

ReputationRep:
    I recommend this site:

Http://mrgodman.co.uk

And this app:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/gcse-...527663351?mt=8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanahey)
    Does anyone know any predictions for Medicine Through Time/Germany?
    Not sure for medicine through time but has the Church come up yet for Germany??

ReputationRep:
    Thank You!

ReputationRep:
    How did you all find it??

ReputationRep:
    I thought the sources for Medicine were a lot harder than Germany. Not a big fan of the Renaissance, but I didn't do bad. - I chose the Asclepion temple/Four Humours/Rome and Egypt essay, think I did well on that, but at one point I started comparing Greece and Egypt.

Germany sources were nice, one that came up previously did so again and the education sources were nice. I chose the Versailes Treaty essay.

Hopefully got an A minimum, I've done better on Medicine than Germany on previous two mocks but I thought Germany went better today. Only thing I'm slightly disappointed with was the Renaissance sources and the Quack source. Think I could had probably wrote more for the Germany sources but was wary of time as well.

Just have to wait and see now. I had the worst night sleep ever last night (I don't think I went to sleep..) Who has Paper 2 on the 10th, Public Health in the 19th century?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack59)
    I thought the sources for Medicine were a lot harder than Germany. Not a big fan of the Renaissance, but I didn't do bad. - I chose the Asclepion temple/Four Humours/Rome and Egypt essay, think I did well on that, but at one point I started comparing Greece and Egypt.

Germany sources were nice, one that came up previously did so again and the education sources were nice. I chose the Versailes Treaty essay.

Hopefully got an A minimum, I've done better on Medicine than Germany on previous two mocks but I thought Germany went better today. Only thing I'm slightly disappointed with was the Renaissance sources and the Quack source. Think I could had probably wrote more for the Germany sources but was wary of time as well.

Just have to wait and see now. I had the worst night sleep ever last night (I don't think I went to sleep..) Who has Paper 2 on the 10th, Public Health in the 19th century?
    I picked the same essay questions as you! And yes, I have paper 2 on the 10th! I hope I've got an A minimum, it's what I need for my sixth form!

ReputationRep:
    Yehh i struggled on the medicine sources a bit!what points did u say about the first question,about if we are surprised by the sources??

ReputationRep:
    I did medicine and American west! I found the medicine OK...I chose the ascelpion question and found it fine...however I didn't like the very first source question and I went blank and said some gibberish about the date.
    For american west I was rather annoyed as the question was so easy...I wanted something more juicy to come up so I could get all of the key dates on a secure full marks. I also made a mistake with the Oklahoma Boomers...sayingthat they were going west iinstead of returning..silly me! Oh well... I have tomorrows exam on industrialisation in the 19th century. I have learn the key dates and feel confident...well there isn't really much else I can do apart from practice ... I need an a for a level...but I am more than defiantly capable of an a*( I got full marks in the CA on terrorism and near to full marks on all of the mocks)...just hope that paper one didn't ruin it for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakerloo96)
    I did medicine and American west! I found the medicine OK...I chose the ascelpion question and found it fine...however I didn't like the very first source question and I went blank and said some gibberish about the date.
    For american west I was rather annoyed as the question was so easy...I wanted something more juicy to come up so I could get all of the key dates on a secure full marks. I also made a mistake with the Oklahoma Boomers...sayingthat they were going west iinstead of returning..silly me! Oh well... I have tomorrows exam on industrialisation in the 19th century. I have learn the key dates and feel confident...well there isn't really much else I can do apart from practice ... I need an a for a level...but I am more than defiantly capable of an a*( I got full marks in the CA on terrorism and near to full marks on all of the mocks)...just hope that paper one didn't ruin it for me!
    I'm exactly the same! I did Medicine and American West, and the first source for Medicine I didn't like and so made up some rubbish about the Renaissance period! I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I also found the American West questions easy, especially the source with the carriage full of people asking if the journey was an easy ride. I was hoping for something where I could use all of my background knowledge on key dates. I'm hoping that paper 1 hasn't dragged my marks down, I got an A* on the mock and I'd be so upset if I didn't get that this time, especially as I'm doing it at a level.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do then??

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the paper? sitting a mock on Monday for 'Medicine Through Time' and 'Germany' any tips? or do anyone remember any of the questions would help a lot

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the paper for June 2013 History A ocr

ReputationRep:
    whats the point the 2014 paper is going to be on black death

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me the questions on russia/league of nations/homefront? sources or essay, anything would be helpful
    cheers

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.