Nic Nac
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Supertod)
Thanks guys!

It's very dependent on what questions come up. Some I could absolutely nail and others I wouldn't have a clue. I don't usually leave things this down to luck but it's not my main focus. Have you just been using the text book to revise?
Yep textbook, past papers and a couple of power points in sixth form but info mainly taken from textbook
sbtrkt1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
[QUOTE=Nic Nac;42948761]
(Original post by sbtrkt1)

Thank you!! Do you know what grade/mark your answer got out of curiosity??

10/12
susiesalmon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
the pages 160 and 161, what questions would all that come under? so confused
sbtrkt1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by susiesalmon)
the pages 160 and 161, what questions would all that come under? so confused
Sustainability

Legislation and regulation have been introduced in order to limit the effects of consumer goods upon the environment. Explain what impact these have had on two of the
following:

 packaging
 energy use
 end of use disposal.
MrRob
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sustainability

Legislation and regulation have been introduced in order to limit the effects of consumer goods upon the environment. Explain what impact these have had on two of the
following:

 packaging
 energy use
 end of use disposal.
Do you think you'd need to quote specific legislation for that kind of question?
susiesalmon
Rep:
?
Sustainability

following:

 packaging
 energy use
 end of use disposal.
ooohhhhhh of course! thanks!
sbtrkt1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MrRob)
Do you think you'd need to quote specific legislation for that kind of question?

For packaging I would say that the packing directive 1994 was introduced to limit the amount of toxic metals in packaging, reduce the amount of waste through efficient design. Aims to help recover 60% of all packaging waste and recycle 55% A good example would be a bag for life (sainsbury's, tesco etc)
littlemissmidget123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MissNix)
Thank you to those that have answered my questions on iconic design! It's really helped =)

Hey I was wondering if you knew anything about how to set out the answers for 7,14, and 28 mark questions. How many points should you be aiming to make with each type of question?
youll have a lot of time int he exam, so write all you can - but as a guide i would say at least one pint per mark, and then a couple extra just ot be safe!
sbtrkt1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by littlemissmidget123)
youll have a lot of time int he exam, so write all you can - but as a guide i would say at least one pint per mark, and then a couple extra just ot be safe!

Its 40 minutes per 28mark question, so 14 marks would be 20 minutes, 7marks will be 10 minutes. Spend about 20 mins planning the answer and then follow the plan to write the essay in 10-20mins
susiesalmon
Rep:
?
thanks for all your help everyone! i'd like to know how everyone gets on
GOOD LUCK TOMORROW
MissNix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Good luck everyone! =)
MattyJones
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Am I the only one who thinks that was a bad test?....

Posted from TSR Mobile
MrRob
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I thought it was okay. I wrote a lot from the AS half of the subject, which was good, but I wasn't expecting it.
MissNix
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I guess it was ok? But everything was pretty much AS stuff which kind of sucked. Don't think I did that well but it was an ok paper.
sbtrkt1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I answered Q1, Q2 and Q4

The AS knowledge question was easy, Q2 was what I focused most of my revision on!

Q4 was hard!

I think I got around 21+28+(8+10) = 67/84 which according to last years grade boundaries would be an A*, but I very much doubt that

A* - 56, A - 50, B - 44, C - 38, D - 33
susiesalmon
Rep:
?
Could have done with about half an hour more!!! And the amount of As stuff pissed me off cause I'm **** at all of that lol
sbtrkt1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I ran out of time doing Q1 only managed to write down 3/4 applications 7 marks down the drain
susiesalmon
Rep:
?
I ran out of time doing Q1 only managed to write down 3/4 applications 7 marks down the drain
Haha I did all 5 cause I miss read the question lol
MissNix
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by susiesalmon)
Haha I did all 5 cause I miss read the question lol
I did that at first but I got stuck at the thermosetting material and im like wait, in what exam do i need to answer 5 sections? XD They should have really added one more material as I can see that catching a lot of people out.

With the quesions I didn't do i dropped around 28 marks =/ (2x7 marks, 1x14 marks) I just can't write in the timed conditions. I did the first question, the one on finishings and the one of sustainabilty( pretty much only using AS knowledge there, so what was the point of half of my revision XD) but i pretty much out of panic just vomited information and diagrams onto the page without putting said information into comprehensive sentances so I have no idea what I'm going to get.
waqarkhan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
u mom ass
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
37.57%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
10.05%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.35%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.23%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.94%

Watched Threads