The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff accommodation application

Hi
I'm applying for Cardiff university residences online for 2013/2014 for LAW and want to find out the order of university halls, from best to worst, for quality.

My preferences are simply an ensuite, self catered.

I like Talybont South, Talybont North and am unaware about the quality of the rest.

for quality? don't touch taly north with a bargepole
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Talybont Court is definitely the best for quality as they are the newest accomodations, they cost a lot more though.
It is only the ensuite small and reduced of Talybont North that tend to be the worst quality ones.
Reply 3
Dont go taly north. While its 'ensuite' its like pretty much showering in a cupboard. Apart from court have the most luxury en suite, taly south is a bit run down in comparison to the en suites at uni hall. Tower block at uni halls, if your lucky to get one of the top floors, gives a view across the whole of cardiff! also the dwyfor building is brand new and has some fancy en suites installed. The only downside is the distance, but with there being a free student only bus and taxi's costing a quid between 7 of you to get anywhere in town on a night out, id say its worth it!
Oh great I've put taly north as my first choice due to the welsh speaking flat option. Now I'm quite worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Mari Roberts
Oh great I've put taly north as my first choice due to the welsh speaking flat option. Now I'm quite worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont worry, the welsh flats are the ones on par with taly south, i was referring to any size smaller then the £90 a week flats in taly north.

Your also one of the closest buildings to taly south if i remember correctly so its no hassle to walk across and meet people there!
Original post by ReefSwell
Dont worry, the welsh flats are the ones on par with taly south, i was referring to any size smaller then the £90 a week flats in taly north.

Your also one of the closest buildings to taly south if i remember correctly so its no hassle to walk across and meet people there!

Thanks feel better now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending