The Student Room Group

travel grant

Hello,

I will be going abroad this September to China and I am entitled to the travel grant. If I pay for flights first and then get reimbursed how long will this take? I am asking because when I get reimbursed for the flights I can pay for my visa and travel/medical insurance as I cannot pay for everything altogether. How long does it take to get reimbursed and would I be reimbursed before September or as soon as you receive my application form?

Thank you in advance.
Hi Bossa,

You can submit your reimbursement claim as soon as you have copies of receipts that you can provide, you don't have to wait until September.

Please note that you will be eligible to pay the first £303 of your travel costs and anything over this will be reimbursed.

Hope this helps,
Mark-Lee
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi Bossa,

You can submit your reimbursement claim as soon as you have copies of receipts that you can provide, you don't have to wait until September.

Please note that you will be eligible to pay the first £303 of your travel costs and anything over this will be reimbursed.

Hope this helps,
Mark-Lee

Thank you for your answer. I will also be in China late August as this is when enrollment starts, can I receive my loan and grant just slightly before? Also would I receive my reimbursement as soon as I provide evidence such as receipts and send them in?
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi Bossa,

Payment dates are scheduled and are dependent on your term dates, therefore we are unable to bring payments forward or pay all instalments in one lump sum. If, however you are overseas/placement, your payment date will be 25 working days prior to the UK course start date which will automatically be scheduled by our payment system.

Your reimbursement can take roughly 4 weeks to be processed.

Original post by Nicki - SFE Official Adviser
Hi Bossa,

Payment dates are scheduled and are dependent on your term dates, therefore we are unable to bring payments forward or pay all instalments in one lump sum. If, however you are overseas/placement, your payment date will be 25 working days prior to the UK course start date which will automatically be scheduled by our payment system.

My scheduled first payment date is the 26th August but I will be leaving on the 28th. Is there no way of obtaining the payment slightly earlier at all or is it a fixed payment date?
Hi there,

This is the earliest that a payment can be released.

Thanks
Hi there,

This is the earliest that a payment can be released.

Thanks

Hello,

I received a declaration with the incorrect student finance I am entitled to. I will send this declaration of even though it is incorrect in order to get my funding on time. When I send in the course abroad form which is the only evidence I need to send in, will I receive the extra entitlement shortly afterwards as I am entitled to the study abroad rate?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Nicki - SFE Official Adviser
Hi Bossa,

Hello,

I received a declaration with the incorrect student finance I am entitled to. I will send this declaration of even though it is incorrect in order to get my funding on time. When I send in the course abroad form which is the only evidence I need to send in, will I receive the extra entitlement shortly afterwards as I am entitled to the study abroad rate?

Thanks in advance.
Hi there,

The Declaration you receive is only to agree to the terms and conditions of the funding, not any amounts. We will still process and update your entitlement after this has been received.

Thanks,
Hi there,

The Declaration you receive is only to agree to the terms and conditions of the funding, not any amounts. We will still process and update your entitlement after this has been received.

Thanks,

Hello,

I have still not received my travel grant and also the outstanding amount of my maintenance loan and grant as i was not given the study abroad rate initially. i already provided all of my evidence more than a month ago and have not been payed. can you please help me with this as i have no means to call from abroad right now......
Hi there,

Thanks,

Hello,

I have still not received my travel grant and also the outstanding amount of my maintenance loan and grant as i was not given the study abroad rate initially. i already provided all of my evidence more than a month ago and have not been payed. can you please help me with this as i have no means to call from abroad right now......
Hi there,

It can take 3 - 4 weeks to process evidence on your account.

We will make any further payments once your evidence has been worked.

Thanks
Hi there,

It can take 3 - 4 weeks to process evidence on your account.

We will make any further payments once your evidence has been worked.

Thanks

I sent it more than 2 months ago and there has been no update whatsoever on my account, and it is difficult for me to call from all the way abroad. What do I do?

Thank you.
Hi there,

To allow us to look into this further, can you please send me a private message with your Customer Reference Number?

Thanks.
Hi there,

To allow us to look into this further, can you please send me a private message with your Customer Reference Number?

Thanks.

I have inboxed you this.

thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending