The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

suggested reading ?

Does anyone know when we will receive our suggested reading and things we will need for our courses ?
Also existing students do you know what is worth and whats not worth getting?
Reply 1
It'll be after results day. They're not going to make you buy something that you might not end up needing if you don't get the grades. I got my reading list and welcome pack mid September last year!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
great thanks for the heads up i found a list on there website that shows books you should read ect ...do you think its out of date ? its just im a slow reader (less slow more not very determined and i want to have read most of the books prior to arriving.. so the sooner i know the better)
Reply 3
I'm not sure, you've not mentioned what subject you're doing! If you're doing something other than English, it's unlikely you'll actually be required to read the books cover to cover, they're more for reference. I do Music and have a huge 1000 page book that they told us all to buy, which is very useful for writing essays and reading up on certain topics, but I haven't read the entire thing!
Reply 4
im doing drama and theatre practice i assume its the same ..who knows i will wait.. thanks for the advice :biggrin:
https://www.courses.hull.ac.uk

Find your course on there and there are small reading lists for every module.

Quick Reply

Latest