Turn on thread page Beta

UCAS Extra watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What is it all about? Is it for people who got rejected from all 6 or turned them down.?

ReputationRep:
    not sure though....might be some sort like Clearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    What is it all about? Is it for people who got rejected from all 6 or turned them down.?
    Its for those you applied normally...but have received no offers from any of their six choices. If you got an offer...but you rejected it...then i don't think you can use Extra....you have to wait for clearing in the summer, although you can start earlier than the others....ie...around june-ish time.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Its for those you applied normally...but have received no offers from any of their six choices. If you got an offer...but you rejected it...then i don't think you can use Extra....you have to wait for clearing in the summer, although you can start earlier than the others....ie...around june-ish time.

G
    If you've rejected all your offers you can still use Extra - I did, and got a letter from UCAS explaining how to use it. There's actually quite a few good courses at good universities available - mostly joint honours, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    If you got an offer...but you rejected it...then i don't think you can use Extra
    Actually, you can use extra no matter how many offers you got, but you have to reject all of them. And I think if you didn't use up all six choices, you have to apply in the normal way before you can go through extra.

ReputationRep:
    Whoops....my bad....thanks for setting me straight!

G

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the application procedure is like? I mean do they still see your GCSE's and stuff or do you have to write them down again? Does the same reference and stuff go through?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    Anyone know what the application procedure is like? I mean do they still see your GCSE's and stuff or do you have to write them down again? Does the same reference and stuff go through?
    yeah it would make sense to use the same stuff, but then if a weak PS was the reason for (6?) rejections you'd be best to do another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    yeah it would make sense to use the same stuff, but then if a weak PS was the reason for (6?) rejections you'd be best to do another.
    ucas extra is so confusing, do they interview or is it like the whole process again?

ReputationRep:
    As someone who is currently doing Extra....

You can do it if A)you were rejected from all six B)You declined all six C)you don't want to wait for clearing.

If you are in this situation then you should have got a letter from UCAS, yuo can either sned a part of that letter back and do UCAS Extra via Passport... or not send it back and it will do it via the website.

Next know the cousre you want to do... the Uni you apply for will get your Personal statment and form likk the others did. Once you knwo the codes for you course and uni log on to the UCAS tracking (your application number and password is on all of the letter UCAS send you.) then at the top click the EXTRA button and fill in the details of the uni and course, click ok, the click confirm and wait.

After two weeks if no reply (ie via post or onlie- go back to the Extra page the same way to see) then you can call the Uni and ask them for conformation or refusal. Then repeat until you have a place.

Any questions?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.