Keyanna81293
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am currently studying for my ELLA 3 exam and there are exactly 7 days left till the day of my exam. My Revision is going quite well so far, but I've realized that I've already gotten the knowledge required and just need some model/exemplar answers to both sections in the AQA ELLA 3 exam in which I will have to compare 3 different unseen texts and adapt a text... Those who are familiar with the course will definitely know what I am on about...So if possible, can anyone post any B/A examplar answers to any of the sections please!!!!
It will be very helpful in helping me structure my writing as I need to aim for a grade B in this exam, in order to obtain a B grade overall
hannxo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Which book are you studying? I'm doing house somewhere and cupcakes , I may have some answers for you to have a look at

The 'First Meetings' comparison got an A and the football one got a B+
Keyanna81293
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot... Thats really helpful... I'm studying Cupcakes and Kalashnikovs do you have any model answers for them too?
danielnkwocha
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hannxo)
Which book are you studying? I'm doing house somewhere and cupcakes , I may have some answers for you to have a look at

I was reading the first meetings texts in class last week, this has helped a huge amount!
valz_unique
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey does anyone know how the marks are allocated??? In term of comparison, recast and commentary?? Help... On another note, I'm actually excited about sitting this exam!
Keyanna81293
Rep:
?
(Original post by danielnkwocha)
I was reading the first meetings texts in class last week, this has helped a huge amount!
Can I have a look at them? I'm also studying Cupcakes and Kalashnikovs... Will you also be sitting the exam tomorrow?
RianneWills
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey everyone, im also doing Cupcakes and Kalashnikovs... has anyone actually planned how they will approach the recasting tasks depending on what you could possibly recast it as e.g an article recasted into a letter etc?
danielnkwocha
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Keyanna81293)
Can I have a look at them? I'm also studying Cupcakes and Kalashnikovs... Will you also be sitting the exam tomorrow?
I'm doing A House Somewhere, and unfortunately the only one of those texts that I have right now is the extract from We Are All Made Of Glue. I could scan it in but it does have some of my notes/doodles on it :lol: And yes I will be! I'm actually excited
sammey9091
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by valz_unique)
Hey does anyone know how the marks are allocated??? In term of comparison, recast and commentary?? Help... On another note, I'm actually excited about sitting this exam!
Section A is out of 60
Section B is out of 25 and the commentary on section B is out of 15
sammey9091
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing A House Somewhere, has anyone got any recasting which i could read through please?
Proper panicking about tomorrow!
Raveena_Hayer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hannxo)

Hiya, these are great! Are they based on real past papers?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?