Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lakeside is the best ensuite go for that

ReputationRep:
    lakeside is a 15 minute hike from anywhere. My mates there take a taxi to tescos and back/ride bikes in to main campus etc. Its also a 39 week let, something to be of interest if like me you don't want to stay on campus in the vacations.

Nice accommodation though.

ReputationRep:
    i replied to UCAS with my firm acceptance for a LLB at warwick, and an insurance of an LLM at warwick....and got a reply from ucas confirming it...but i havent heard anything from warwick!?!? should i have recieved something? when do i have to make my final choice of accomodation!? is westwood nice...im worried that im going to have to cook for myself in crowded small kitchens for the first year unless i stay in westwood. i would really like to eat every night in a big hall with lots of other people...eating should be a sociable event! if i stay in westwood would i get to eat in a hall? or would i anyway if i stay in roots?
    hope im being clear.....!?
    cheers
    benji

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjismith)
    i replied to UCAS with my firm acceptance for a LLB at warwick, and an insurance of an LLM at warwick....and got a reply from ucas confirming it...but i havent heard anything from warwick!?!? should i have recieved something? when do i have to make my final choice of accomodation!? is westwood nice...im worried that im going to have to cook for myself in crowded small kitchens for the first year unless i stay in westwood. i would really like to eat every night in a big hall with lots of other people...eating should be a sociable event! if i stay in westwood would i get to eat in a hall? or would i anyway if i stay in roots?
    hope im being clear.....!?
    cheers
    benji
    hey benji,
    u can apply for accomodation on warwick's website, they don't send out forms to u. if u stay in rootes, its self-catering. i think westwood is the only catered one but i'm not sure if u eat in a hall.....i'm sure someone at warwick now will answer that 4 u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Well you can judge from the prices really; Lakeside is the nicest (en suite), Claycroft next, Tocil good enough also, IMO.

The accommodation office seems very conscientious of the needs of international students, and I doubt you'll get rejected from all three. Best thing is to phone them up and ask them though.

As for the 2nd year...none of the towns seem exactly wonderful. Think you're best to worry about that when you actually get there though.
    what about JAck MArtin? and also, does anyone know about the missing the offers policy at warwick, for eg not getting the grades but has high gsce score?
    i'm worried about my exams!!! so will all you guys though, but i need reassurance...

ReputationRep:
    do you know whether they work on a first come/reply service first serve/give rooms service?

is there anyway of checking which room i wanted? i forgot..., also is it ewey sharing the same bathroom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candy88524)
    and also, does anyone know about the missing the offers policy at warwick, for eg not getting the grades but has high gsce score?
    well, the unis all say that they'll consider ur application again if u don't meet the conditions, and they may still accept you if there's enough room.. a girl i know went to see the admissions officer/head of department, and they liked her very much so they gave her the place anyway..

ReputationRep:
    westwood is catered. They give you a meal card with £300 a term on it.

Basically you can get food up on the westwood campus (which is shite) or you can get food on main campus (marginally better).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yummybecks)
    well, the unis all say that they'll consider ur application again if u don't meet the conditions, and they may still accept you if there's enough room.. a girl i know went to see the admissions officer/head of department, and they liked her very much so they gave her the place anyway..

well yeah thats wot unis usually say.......but at warwick, for my course neway, they said if u miss the grades don't bother cos they won't consider. but i'm gonna ring up anyway of course if i do....no harm!

ReputationRep:
    I change my first chouce accomodation from Lakeside to Aurther Vick...good idea? Bad move? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valcandy)
    I change my first chouce accomodation from Lakeside to Aurther Vick...good idea? Bad move? :confused:

when did u do that?? and how?? did u just call up? were they ok with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    when did u do that?? and how?? did u just call up? were they ok with it?
    I did it via e-mail. Yeah, I think they were okay with it. I had to e-mail them before to change my date of birth from 1986 to 1987 because they didn't even have that choice on the drop down menu! How rude ^_^

ReputationRep:
    i'd argue a good choice.

You save money as its a 30 week let vs a 39 week let + AV is MUCH nearer the union etc.

ReputationRep:
    well yeah thats wot unis usually say.......but at warwick, for my course neway, they said if u miss the grades don't bother cos they won't consider. but i'm gonna ring up anyway of course if i do....no harm!
    when did they tell you that? did they send you a letter or something? cuz i got nothing of the sort...only a letter to say that i was accepted????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutdgurl)
    when did they tell you that? did they send you a letter or something? cuz i got nothing of the sort...only a letter to say that i was accepted????

at the open day!

ReputationRep:
    at the open day!
    and for what course is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutdgurl)
    and for what course is that?
    management

ReputationRep:
    management
    I thought that course is pretty competitive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valcandy)
    I thought that course is pretty competitive?
    yeah i think it is.....not sure!

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of changing my accommodation (again) to:

AV
    Rootes
    Cryfield

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.