The Student Room Group

Confused about uni applications!

I've been told when we apply to unis in September they will be based on our AS grades.
I want to do Biology and the general entry requirements are AAB, so what I'm asking is if I get ABB/ABC for example, will they understand that I could improve with resits and can you still get accepted/an interview?

Sorry if I'm being completely ignorant but I'm really not sure and thanks for any input :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by MagicCarpetDays
I've been told when we apply to unis in September they will be based on our AS grades.
I want to do Biology and the general entry requirements are AAB, so what I'm asking is if I get ABB/ABC for example, will they understand that I could improve with resits and can you still get accepted/an interview?

Sorry if I'm being completely ignorant but I'm really not sure and thanks for any input :smile:

It will depend on what your teachers predict you

Some schools have a policy of predicting AS grades for A2
Some schools have a policy of predicting AS grades or up to 1 additional grade
Some schools have a policy of predicting AS or 1 below
Some schools will make predictions dependant on the student and have no fixed policy
Reply 2
You apply to a university with the grades you are predicted based on your AS results. That determines which universities you are best placed to apply to. They won't care about resits as long as your predicted grades match their requirements
(edited 10 years ago)
Ah okay, thank you both!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending