The Student Room Group

GCSE Product Design?

I've got my AQA GCSE Product Design exam on the 14th of June. We've been given the briefing that our first design questions will be based ona lunch box, and that's all we've got.

What do I need help with?
I need to know all of the different possible target markets a lunch box could have. Also, what sort of designs I could do linked to those markets. I've only been doing practical work since the course started in 2010, so therefore know NOTHING about manufacturing processes, types of material etc.

If anyone has any advice or websites to post it will be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Tarj :smile:
Reply 1
bbc bitesize, technology student, mr DT
Reply 3
does anyone have any mnemonics,videos or anything that can help me with this exam?
I PICT PD ( I picked Product Design) is used for remembering the functions of packaging.

P rotect
I nform
C ontain
T ransport
P reserve
D isplay

The first "I" doesn't stand for anything, it just makes the sentence make sense
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
In my mock exam of product design (AQA) we also had to design a lunch box. On this particular question I got 11 out of 15 marks. It has to be specific to a target audience of your choice, I did my for children. The shape was quite simple as my teacher had already given me how to draw it. You need to make sure you draw a 3D lunchbox and a net of it. On the net make sure you add colour drawing and information. For example, nutritional info, barcode, symbols (vegetarian, recycle...) furthermore to get top marks analyse your isometric drawing by using access FM and PICTPD. You can search the web to find out what they mean. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending