Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there anything to like about it? I was there yesterday, its so damn expensive just to eat out, why do people like london ?! apart from eastenders?

ReputationRep:
    Manchester's much better.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with you on this one. London is the pits.. it's dirty too and overcrowded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    Is there anything to like about it? I was there yesterday, its so damn expensive just to eat out, why do people like london ?! apart from eastenders?
    london is cool :eek:

ReputationRep:
    London is great much better than Birmingham, Manchester or Sheffield.

But I like Edinburgh better.

ReputationRep:
    London is the place for big shots.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford street - if you're a shopoholic I'm going to find it v. difficult to survive at university next year - my loan will only cover the self catering accomodation at KCL. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    The reason its expensive there is because it is meant for richer people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerline)
    Is that why it has some of the most deprived boroughs in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)
    I'm with you on this one. London is the pits.. it's dirty too and overcrowded.
    we drove round kensington and chelsea yesterday, and moved like half a mile in half an hour, i know the football was on but it was just manic. After stopping for a trailor to reverse round a corner other drivers just over took , they are really impatient and discourteous in london, moreso than anywhere!

The Underground is VILE i hate it. I am 5ft 2 so tend to get dirty men with sweaty pits in my face! eew!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerline)
    I guess you don't live in London - limited knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    we drove round kensington and chelsea yesterday, and moved like half a mile in half an hour, i know the football was on but it was just manic. After stopping for a trailor to reverse round a corner other drivers just over took , they are really impatient and discourteous in london, moreso than anywhere!

The Underground is VILE i hate it. I am 5ft 2 so tend to get dirty men with sweaty pits in my face! eew!!
    That was probably your first mistake, driving in London :rolleyes:
    Underground can be in some places quite nasty, but most of it is ok, you could always get the bus.

ReputationRep:
    I dont get it, why do arethere some of the most upmarket and wealthy areas right next to deprived areas, how can there be so much of a market contrast in living standards in such a close area?

ReputationRep:
    i really really want to go to london

my mother promised me we'd go there as like my 13th birthday present or something. we never got round to it. i want her to take me now instead, but she's scared we'll go there on the day there is a terrorist attack

no oxford street for me!!

i want to go to the massive topshop dammit!!!!!

ReputationRep:

I think it's a bit like like crossing the road in london - you cant wait for someone to stop, you have to walk straight into the middle of the road. Likewise with driving, its survival of the fittest!
    Best thing about London is of course the shops, and if you found it too expensive, you picked an expensive place to eat.
    Aylia (london lover..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    That was probably your first mistake, driving in London :rolleyes:
    Underground can be in some places quite nasty, but most of it is ok, you could always get the bus.
    yeah, we had no choice, we came with a boat trailer for the Head of The River Race (the ox cam boat race the other direction, but for club rowers), which got cancelled due to the weather.

ReputationRep:
    The Monopoly Pub Crawl - legendary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)

my mother promised me we'd go there as like my 13th birthday present or something. we never got round to it. i want her to take me now instead, but she's scared we'll go there on the day there is a terrorist attack

Oxford street really sucks, I don't even know why we bother go there. The fashion is pretty much the same as every other high street with no different/unique shops.

Hower Carnaby Street rules!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)

top shop on the other hand I don't like - never ever ever go there on a saturday afternoon *shudder* shopping hell

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'm bitter coz' I'm poor.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.