Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went to The Next Sale in Oxford Street and Bond Street. It was hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aylia)
    top shop on the other hand I don't like - never ever ever go there on a saturday afternoon *shudder* shopping hell
    lol

i can only imagine...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    Oh my god, i can imagine. Its hell in the town i live in, that has a big next for only 60,000 inhabitants, it opens at 6am on boxing day, its like a huge big rugby scrum!

ReputationRep:
    I always avoid Oxford Street etc, until they pedestrianise the road itself i just hate the crush and congestion, not enough space for you to walk down the road without being knocked sideways,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    Oh my god, i can imagine. Its hell in the town i live in, that has a big next for only 60,000 inhabitants, it opens at 6am on boxing day, its like a huge big rugby scrum!
    Where are you from? East Midlands?

ReputationRep:
    Did you get trampled?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Where are you from? East Midlands?
    From Burton. Its quite near to Derby.

ReputationRep:
    From Burton. Its quite near to Derby.
    Okay I thought you may be talking about somewhere else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)
    Did you get trampled?

The answer has to be yes.. I like shopping, really I do, but next sales are another thing to definitely avoid! (always!) Main thing that annoys me on oxford street is people with huge bags or pushchairs.. why oh why would you go to oxford on a saturday afternoon with a pushchair? it makes no sense!

ReputationRep:
    Did you get trampled?
    No, but my body language and big duffle coat helped me not to get trampled. The customers generally were like animals though. I think the way you walk and behave helps a lot - it was quite satisfying in Oxford Street because people got out of their way for us and we didn't have to weave and get bashed.

ReputationRep:
    No, but my body language and big duffle coat helped me not to get trampled. The customers generally were like animals though. I think the way you walk and behave helps a lot - it was quite satisfying in Oxford Street because people got out of their way for us and we didn't have to weave and get bashed.
    I feel sorry for the people who have to work in these shops and in london in general!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmoneypenny)
    I feel sorry for the people who have to work in these shops and in london in general!
    i dont

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    i dont
    Why not/
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Is there anything to like about it?
    Camden
    I was there yesterday, its so damn expensive just to eat out
    Poons - chinese resteraunt just off Leicester Sq (or some other square - I get confused but it;s the one with all the cinemas) - cheaper to eat in than getting takeaway (well than getting takeaway in Bournemouth).

Driving in London is a doddle - you've just got to enjoy it and not take things so seriously.

Parking in London (or at least trying to find free parking like I always do) is a different matter altogether.

ReputationRep:
    Why not/
    The poor students.. it must be quite hard to find decent part time work in such an over populated city. Esp when they can pay the lowest wages allowable

ReputationRep:
    The poor students.. it must be quite hard to find decent part time work in such an over populated city. Esp when they can pay the lowest wages allowable
    It must be impossible for students to move into the city, when you ahve to really drive to bring all that stuff!

I saw the british royal ballet school the other day whilst in london, what a hole!! not how i imagined it on billy elliott!! lol

London rocks!!!!! i'd recommend going to the science museum - it's a brilliant place to go

ReputationRep:
    I dont get it, why do arethere some of the most upmarket and wealthy areas right next to deprived areas, how can there be so much of a market contrast in living standards in such a close area?
    It's a capital city, all capital cities are like that. Bet New York's even worse.

And yes, london does rock. You'll never get bored there. I like it so much I want to live there for the rest of my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    It's a capital city, all capital cities are like that. Bet New York's even worse.

And yes, london does rock. You'll never get bored there. I like it so much I want to live there for the rest of my life
    Yeah but you wont get bored in Birm, Machester, bath....and they are much nicer

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but you wont get bored in Birm, Machester, bath....and they are much nicer
    Nah too quiet in bath, and you don't get all those nice tall buildings and financial institutions, not to mention the british library and all those shopping areas.

I'm from brighton myself and although it's a nice place I much rather prefer even bigger cities.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2004
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.