The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham undergraduate applicants for 2014 entry! Mark I

Edit: We now have a STALKING PAGE! A shiny, new, pizazzilicious page where you can stalk us all! :biggrin:

Click here!

So who's applying? Which course and college? :biggrin:

Edit: Here's a link of things to bring from Collingwood JCR (thanks to KayteeKaytee for this): http://community.dur.ac.uk/collingwood.jcr/prospective-students/advice/things-to-bring/

---
EDIT: Stalking pages have become University connect! Connect to Durham here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I've already firmed an offer from Hatfield for Modern Languages for 2014 entry (I'm doing my A2s now but I'm taking a gap year so applied for deferred entry).

Now I just have to meet my offer! :/
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
I've been waiting for this thread! I'm hoping to apply for English and Philosophy at Van Mildert. :smile: I'm going to a summer school in August, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the university and the city then. :h: More than a little worried about the weather that far up North, though...I'm a Southerner, and it's cold enough down here!
Reply 3
Original post by Oli-Ol
I've already firmed an offer from Hatfield for Modern Languages for 2014 entry (I'm doing my A2s now but I'm taking a gap year so applied for deferred entry).

Now I just have to meet my offer! :/

Ooh nice! Hatfield was in my top 4! Which languages are you hoping to do?

You can meet that offer, for sure :yep: :hugs:

Original post by dlaiden
I've been waiting for this thread! I'm hoping to apply for English and Philosophy at Van Mildert. :smile: I'm going to a summer school in August, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the university and the city then. :h: More than a little worried about the weather that far up North, though...I'm a Southerner, and it's cold enough down here!

Ooh nice :biggrin:

I can't wait for the open day! :woo:

Why did you choose Van Mildert, out of interest? :holmes:
Reply 4
Original post by Mazzini

Ooh nice :biggrin:

I can't wait for the open day! :woo:

Why did you choose Van Mildert, out of interest? :holmes:

Haha, I imagine I'll be asked that question a fair bit. :P I chose it for the non-shared rooms, the non-traditional atmosphere and, foremostly...the ducks. ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by dlaiden
Haha, I imagine I'll be asked that question a fair bit. :P I chose it for the non-shared rooms, the non-traditional atmosphere and, foremostly...the ducks. ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right (:awesome: about the ducks :biggrin:). I prefer a smaller college, hence my choice of John's or Chad's. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mazzini
Ooh nice! Hatfield was in my top 4! Which languages are you hoping to do?

You can meet that offer, for sure :yep: :hugs:

I couldn't decide whether to apply for Hatfield or Hilde-Bede so I flipped a coin in the end! French and ab initio Italian, hopefully with Russian and Japanese in there as well at some point.

I really hope so. Ordinarily it would be fine because it's actually a very reasonable offer, but due to personal issues I haven't done much revision. Ah well, just have to wait and see.

Where else are you applying?
Reply 7
Hey guys :hello: Maths applicant here!

I'm considering putting in an open application, or maybe Van Mildert (mostly due to guaranteed non-shared rooms). I haven't got a great idea of what the colleges are like besides reading the TSR guide to Durham uni, as I'm an international applicant. If anyone's got any input regarding this, that would be a great help!
Reply 8
Original post by Oli-Ol
I couldn't decide whether to apply for Hatfield or Hilde-Bede so I flipped a coin in the end! French and ab initio Italian, hopefully with Russian and Japanese in there as well at some point.

I really hope so. Ordinarily it would be fine because it's actually a very reasonable offer, but due to personal issues I haven't done much revision. Ah well, just have to wait and see.

Where else are you applying?

Ah right! Sounds good - I know a tiny bit of Italian! I've always wanted to learn Japanese as well. :yep:

I'm looking at Bristol, Oxford, KCL and Nottingham as well :smile:

Original post by justinawe

I'm considering putting in an open application, or maybe Van Mildert (mostly due to guaranteed non-shared rooms). I haven't got a great idea of what the colleges are like besides reading the TSR guide to Durham uni, as I'm an international applicant. If anyone's got any input regarding this, that would be a great help!

:wavey:

I don't, I'm afraid :nope:
Reply 9
Original post by justinawe

Try going on YouTube! All the colleges have these sort of introduction videos about their individual college life, accommodation and atmosphere. Just search 'Van Mildert College,' 'Chad College' etc. and you'll find really helpful videos. You can also email the individual colleges for more information. Hope that helps! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
:bump:

Any other takers? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I'm hopefully applying for Durham next year! Probably for economics :banana:
Reply 12
Original post by dav22
I'm hopefully applying for Durham next year! Probably for economics :banana:

Cool, for 2014 entry?
Reply 13
We're long owed a 2014 entry stalking page. Luckily I just made one, mostly copied, DURHAM STALKING PAGE 2014 ENTRY

Feel free to enter details or post here and quote me if you don't think you can, or ask anyone else. Even at this early stage let's get the ball rolling. If Oxford and Cambridge have stalking pages, Durham should too right?
Reply 14
Original post by adi19956
We're long owed a 2014 entry stalking page. Luckily I just made one, mostly copied, DURHAM STALKING PAGE 2014 ENTRY

Feel free to enter details or post here and quote me if you don't think you can, or ask anyone else. Even at this early stage let's get the ball rolling. If Oxford and Cambridge have stalking pages, Durham should too right?

Cool, thanks :smile:
Reply 15
Hi guys!
I will be applying for the engineering course with a first choice college of Josephine Butler (Me gusta that modern accommodation, bar and close proximity to the science site!)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Oh forgot to mention.

Applying for 2014 entry for Physics either BSc or MPhys, not sure.

I'm thinking Grey or Josephine Butler college because they're on the hill so close to the science departments and have a shop. I seriously think that a shop is important. God forbid the day when I have to walk a distance to buy things.
Reply 17
Original post by Ali_Ludley
Hi guys!
I will be applying for the engineering course with a first choice college of Josephine Butler (Me gusta that modern accommodation, bar and close proximity to the science site!)

Original post by adi19956
Oh forgot to mention.

Applying for 2014 entry for Physics either BSc or MPhys, not sure.

I'm thinking Grey or Josephine Butler college because they're on the hill so close to the science departments and have a shop. I seriously think that a shop is important. God forbid the day when I have to walk a distance to buy things.

Welcome both! I prefer being central :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by Mazzini
Welcome both! I prefer being central :tongue:

Seems like Josephine Butler is going to have some competition! Either way, what are your other choices everyone?
Hi :smile:
I'm applying for French and beginners Spanish at Josephine Butler.
I live in Durham and want to stay as close to home as possible :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest