Leeds festival - bringing alcohol? Watch

Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm going to Leeds for the first time this year and just wondering what the situation was with bringing your own alcohol and cigarettes. I understand that you're not allowed glass bottles, does this mean that if I put vodka into a plastic water bottle, that will be ok? How much drink do people normally bring for the whole weekend?

Also, does anyone know what they mean by 'excessive' amounts? I tend to smoke a lot at this sort of thing so I'd rather have too many cigarettes than not enough (and have to pay festival prices) but I'd hate to have them taken off me.
Lissprxs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Last year I emptied all my vodka into plastic bottles, took 60 cigs with me and 25g of baccy and it lasted me fine, but buy as much as possible if you don't plan to go offsite, prices there are extortionate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Claudette
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Those little mixed cans of drink, gin and tonic, vodka and lemonade etc are fab to take along. If you like wine then a box of wine is a good one, I met some guys one year who managed to sneak one in by removing the bag from the box and shoving it up their trouser leg (not that I'm condoning it or anything!)
Agree you will need to transfer any glass bottle to plastic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sainsburys own brand wine and spirits comes in plastic bottles, perfect for festivals/raves and the like
Swanbow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just transfer the alcohol from the glass bottle to a plastic one. Excessive amounts? Some festivals set out a limit or guideline where as in others the security will use their discretion. So long as you don't bring too much you can't carry it in then you won't have a problem.
Abe Thunderwolff
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They really do not care. Saw people last year bring crates of beer on sledges and noone said anything. Leeds isn't really as strict as some of the others!
hannah1994
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They 'search' the occasional person going in, by search they just unzip their bag and stick their hand inside. If you're under 18 you're technically not allowed it but I've never heard anyone get it taken off them. If you're over 18 just bring it in plastic bottles, but yeah people carry crates in and stuff and noone cares
studentboss
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
At Reading and leads the most you can bring in at one time is 28 Cans of 5% lager and a litre bottle of 40% spirit. However dont get caught with like absinthe or **** cus you'll be chucked out.

However I never saw anyone being checked for alcohol they only do random searches for drugs.

Plus there are shops that literally get emptied that at walking distance outside the fields so just bring your own. The go buy some more.
McHumpy92
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There is no limit and sneaking booze in the arena is easy

I have been to about 10 festivals and never had a problem with getting alcohol in...it does usually mean I have to share my alcohol through the day with my friends who never made an effort.
GeorgeNBatten
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been numerous times however I went through the guest entrance and stayed in guest camping and they checked my bag every time I went in and out of the festival site but they are a lot less strict in the normal part
Kyra.098
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone know how much alcohol a day you are aloud to take in the festival
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (72)
17.65%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (259)
63.48%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.9%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.97%

Watched Threads