The Student Room Group

I am a 26FF cup

Like the title says,

I find it difficult to find a bra that fits me in that size. Be warned, just because FF is at the end doesn't mean it's big.

I find it so hard to find a bra because I have such a small rib cage but I'm more busty that I'm meant to be (believe it or not!) even though though my breasts may be smaller than others.

Are there any UK shops which could possibly offer lingerie in my size? I've already called up Bravissimo and they start from 28 upwards. Any lingerie shops are accepted, except those that sell bras which are not exactly pleasing to the eye (well at least my own) which include: non wired bras, I feel that they're so uncomfortable! I'm not a fan of sister sizes either because they never fit well, I want the fitting to be just right, which in this ase is 26FF.

I'm 16 too, if that's helps :smile:

Anon
Reply 1
bump
Have you thought about getting a bra custom-made? Fitelle is good, and worth the expense (there's also the advantage of being able to design it yourself so you can create something really special). http://fitelle.com/index.html Other than that I'm afraid I can't really help - I'm a 28F which is difficult enough, but I've never seen a 26 or below.
Made In Preston do 26 and 28 DD-J lingerie.

I'm a 28FF so I used to get them from Ewa Michalak, but they are expensive and slow and you cant return them so not ideal.

Heres a link http://madeinpreston.com/lingerie
Reply 4
I was going to suggest Made In Preston, but dragonfly beat me to it! The other manufacturers that do 26 bands are Ewa Michalek and Comexim, both are Polish companies and make 26 bands as custom orders. Communicating with them can be difficult because of the language barrier, but some people on /r/ABraThatFits can help with that. That's also a great site in general for bra suggestions/reviews/help.

Other options are looking at brands that come up small - Masquerade bands are often very firm, and you can usually get them for good prices on MyCurvesAndMe. The tightest one I own is probably the Amor Sweetheart (which looks amazing). I wear a 28G but my tight underbust measurement is just under 27", and I find the band to be very firm and sometimes a little too tight by the end of the day, so it would probably be perfect for you.

Finally, you could look at getting a Rixie clip to tighten 28 band bras.

Edit - ooh also check for M&S bras on eBay. I bought an M&S 28G plunge bra from eBay (new with tags, for like £5 max I think) and it was TINY. I could just about get the bra to stretch to 27" but it was distorting the cups at that point. I couldn't wear it for more than 5 minutes before it became unbearable. The cups come up small too (they miss out FF, so their G is actually an FF). I think they discontinued them in-store/online so they seem to be getting sold off really cheap.
(edited 10 years ago)
Really useful thread! I'm a 28 and have tended to use figleaves, as they stock quite a large selection (free returns too, so you can post back if it's too big), but being a 26 must be super difficult! Good luck!
3/10
Occasionally you can get Debenhams to order in the bra you want in a particular back size.. as a 28H I feel your pain!
If you pop in and just have a chat with them then they're usually really lovely and if they can't order a certain one in then they'll know a list of shops who can :smile:
Ewa Michalak will custom make them for you. You have to email them. They are non returnable but they are honestly really good. I buy almost all my bras from them.

I'm a 30GG/H and wear almost nothing but their bras
Reply 9
Original post by Portia1993
Occasionally you can get Debenhams to order in the bra you want in a particular back size.. as a 28H I feel your pain!
If you pop in and just have a chat with them then they're usually really lovely and if they can't order a certain one in then they'll know a list of shops who can :smile:

There is literally one company at the moment that makes 26 bands as non-custom orders (well, as far as I'm aware it's just Made in Preston, although some others are apparently starting next year), unfortunately, so Debenhams won't be able to do anything!

Quick Reply

Latest