Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here doing their planning excersice for ocr a2 biology (investigate the effect of extracts made from tomato fruits on the germination and growth of cress seeds)? Can you please throw some ideas towards me about how i should be going about it? what is the background theory and where do i get it?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runrunrun)
    Is anyone here doing their planning excersice for ocr a2 biology (investigate the effect of extracts made from tomato fruits on the germination and growth of cress seeds)? Can you please throw some ideas towards me about how i should be going about it? what is the background theory and where do i get it?

Many thanks

I'm not doing (and never did!) OCR biology but I might be able to help with the background theory side a little.. You probably want to research the germination of cress seeds (or perhaps just seeds in general) - what exactly happens to them and how it's initiated etc. You *might* be able to find this in a textbook at school, but Google's probably your best bet. Also - what's in the extracts from the tomato plants? Have a think and see if you can find a link between the two - I've no idea if there is one but it seems a reasonable thing to look for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    I'm not doing (and never did!) OCR biology but I might be able to help with the background theory side a little.. You probably want to research the germination of cress seeds (or perhaps just seeds in general) - what exactly happens to them and how it's initiated etc. You *might* be able to find this in a textbook at school, but Google's probably your best bet. Also - what's in the extracts from the tomato plants? Have a think and see if you can find a link between the two - I've no idea if there is one but it seems a reasonable thing to look for.
    Ta very much chuck

ReputationRep:
    dear BIOLOGISTSSSS
    to everyone- the whole bloody world is doing the same coursework and I need MORE MORE MORE ideas...... does anyone know how to write up the method? how to get those ABA and gibberelin out of tomato? should we extract skin, juice, seeds and everything? what other things inhibit growth of cress seeds? we are given polar and non-polar solvent yea? what polar solvents? why propanone? do we use both? can please someone intelligent help me coz im real stupid!
    email me if you want: [email protected] THanks OCR buddy!

ReputationRep:
    hey run run run
    we've got a thread on this already, ive written sum stuff on there if u wanna check.
    its basically u write bout seed germination inhibitors - the inhibitor being ABA.
    xxx

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.