The Student Room Group

Money Problems

Hey.

I have a issue which probably affected a lot of University students , Financial problems. I'm just finished university for the summer, pending my results and my last student finance payment was Mid-April which was £1700 which has to last me until end of September (start of new term). However I have to pay my parents 15 pound a week for this stupid bedroom tax, as well as food, utilities, as well as my sky internet and phone.bills, Which left me almost 200 pound to last me 4 months :/. Now i wouldn't be worried, however my friends have finished their course (as i started a year later) and wanna do stuff during summer as a last time together kinda thing. I know what your thinking! Get a job and i have applied for 10 jobs, declined by some and pending on others. My main question, if anyone read it this far is that could i increase my student overdraft as a last resort? my overdraft is 200 pound as it is, but would they let me increase it without my student finance sheet for next year? As i'm with Barclays my overdraft maximum for student account is £1000 pound, so does anyone have any idea if they'll let me increase my overdraft without financial evidence for next year? I know its a lot of reading but I be thankful if anyone could reply

Kind Regards:smile:
I think you will face difficulty while applying or getting cleared for increased overdraft without evidence, as banks require certain document as proofs to stand by for any application they receive in such a case. Well, You may directly have a basic enquiry from your institution so that you may clarify your doubts
P.S - I may be wrong though let others take an opportunity to comment on it.

Reply 2
Lots of universities provide part time employment. Maybe have a look at yours
Reply 3
Assuming you're already on a student account with them if you call them up typically they should be able to increase it over the phone. You shouldn't need to provide any more evidence - you did that to open it so they'll be happy as long as a lump of money keeps coming in every so often.
Reply 4
You should just be able to apply online/phone and they should increase it up to the maximum allowed for that year.

I did it easily enough with lloyds, and had the £1500 overdraft by the end of my first year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply